GSP shipping ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP shipping ...

I have for the first time, bought a much desired projector from the U.K. and was surprised as to how little, comparitively, the shipping will be. A question ... Buying films from the U.K. I have not had extra charges when they arrive, but do larger items, such as projectors, have extra charges when they arrive?

Hi Osi.
    I think you will find it's a bit of a lottery. Obviously larger goods can't fly under the radar as with something that can be sent in an envelope. It will also be down to the seller and how they have listed the item with international shipping.
    For me now, there is no way I will purchase anything from the U.K., it's ridiculous. In some cases the duty is nearly double of price of the item, because you are being taxed on the shipping cost as well. Below is a screenshot I have just taken, this is looking at Ebay U.K. from Ebay France. It automatically adds the duty onto the listing before checkout, and there is no way around it. I used to have items sent to a friend's address in the U.K and they would bring them over when they visited, this has also been stopped.
    You may receive a bill from customs when the projector arrives in the U.S. I guess it depends who is on duty at this time if they waver it though or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (30) copy.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	80647

Comment

I hope you bought something that is multi voltage switchable uk runs 240 usa 110

Comment

Hi
        The following came in due to a change in EU law : "Starting from July 1, 2021 eBay will automatically collect the VAT from the buyer based on the country of delivery and remit it to the responsible tax authorities. eBay is obligated to collect VAT on the full value of the transaction including shipping costs, as the shipping costs are considered part of the total purchase. The VAT on the shipping charges is applied at the same rate as to the item(s) in the shipment".

This applies to all e-commerce platforms

(Dont shoot the messenger please !)

Comment

Well, I was surprised with a nearly 20 pound tax added to it! I will definitely be contacting one Paul Addsett, as, being that has a Eumig 938 stereo, he can probably help me reset the voltage settings on my soon to be arriving Eumig 940 stereo!

Comment

Working...
          X