Question to an eBay seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to an eBay seller

On 10 April I made a Buy It Now order on eBay, I waited for "Order Despatched" to show but it didn't.
    So, today (16 May) after five weeks, I asked for a refund for "Item Not Received".
    Within an hour I was told that my credit card would be credited.
    My question. Will eBay remonstrate in any way with the seller?

In a nutshell Maurice the answer is No. Ebay couldn't give a toss about their customers as long as they get their money.
    As a seller myself, I can't tell you how many times this year alone, I have sold something and then the buyer refuses to pay for it. Ebay instantly take their cut before the payment has been made. They then have the audacity to charge me to relist the item. And do absolutely nothing about it.
    I am glad that you have been refunded, as normally after four weeks they wash their hand of the case.

Comment

Thank you, Steve,
      In my case it seems that the seller had never posted the item which I had paid for.

Comment

Steve, I didn't even know that! They'll "take they're cut", even when there is nothing to "cut", as, no payment has been made?

Comment

Hi Maurice

Each Ebay seller has a 'Seller Rating' which has 2 elements : Transaction Defect Rate (ie where an item was not despatched or not as described) and a Late Delivery Rate. These are assessed over a rolling 12 month period automatically by Ebay. There are thresholds for 'Top Rated', 'Above Standard', 'Standard' and 'Below Standard' in terms of the percentage of orders with Defects or Late Delivery. The percentage Final Value Fee that the seller pays on all their orders varies depending which category the seller is in - this is assessed monthly. A Below Standard seller will pay about double the Final Value Fee on every transaction compared to a Top Rated Seller.

Comment

Thank you, John
            That really makes sense. It obviously keep a seller "on his toes".

Comment

... but the buyer is assumed to be a "lil angel" and can do no wrong.

Comment

Another question :-
                eBay item now says "Item not received case closed".
                Should I leave a Feedback? And if so, would "negative" be appropriate?

Comment

Hi Maurice
                  Choice of whether to leave feedback or not and whether to leave a negative is the buyers choice. However whenever feedback is left this is recorded on your user name under the 'Feedback Left for Others' tab, which is then viewable (together with any text associated with the feedback) by anyone including potential sellers. The seller who receives negative feedback can then add their text response to the feedback (which you cannot amend or reply to). Once negative or neutral feedback has been left by a buyer it can only be amended or removed if the seller sends the buyer a 'Revise Feedback' request - you cannot amend or remove the feedback yourself. Ebay do not penalise sellers for negative feedback (unlike Transaction defects/Late Delivery as per my previous reply) but it does stay on the sellers Feedback score for 12 months for other buyers to see. Hope this helps

Comment

Yes, John, it does help. Thank you.
                    In this case I'll let things stay as they are. No feedback.

Comment

That's interesting what John has said, that a Below Standard Seller, will pay about Double the Final Value Fee on every transaction compared to a Top Rated Seller.
                      Also ebay gives 30 Free ads a month to Sellers, if they don't sell. Now after COVID if you don't make enough Sales they can Cancel this privilege.

Comment

Working...
                      X