Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New podcast epsiode: Q&A with former Derann director Ged Jones at Blackpool 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New podcast epsiode: Q&A with former Derann director Ged Jones at Blackpool 2022

Ged Jones should be no stranger to an avid film collector, and at the Blackpool Film Collectors’ Convention last year he had a Q&A session with Adrian Winchester. You may have seen a few minutes of that session at last year’s video report by super8database.com on YouTube, but today I am thrilled to share with you an audio recording of the entire session!

How did Ged get the job at Derann? How did they make the deals? Which projector damaged their rental films? Who edited their digests and what happened to all the negatives when Derann closed the doors? You can find the answers to that and more at this episode of the Humming Projector Podcast.

You can find the episode in your favorite podcast player, like Spotify, Pocket Casts and Apple podcast, or you can listen to it on our website: https://hummingprojector.com/podcast/07-special-q-a-with-ged-jones-at-blackpool/

Click image for larger version

Name:	07-ged-qna-promo.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	82601

Brilliant

Comment

Another great Podcast Eivind! Ged's interview with Adrian certainly brought out a lot of info about Derann that I did not know. Clearly Derek Simmonds was the right person at the right time to succeed in bringing all those great movies to super 8, when the rest of the world was already on the video band wagon. Ged's early cinema experience, and resulting enchantment with all things film related, is something we can all relate to. Amazing that the man parking his car everyday in front of the hotel where Ged worked, ended up changing Geds life !

Comment

Terrific! I was completely engrossed in Adrian's session with Ged. There were so many interesting things discussed and I learned so much. Thanks to all involved.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ged@Derann.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.9 KB ID:	83433

This photo of Ged is from a visit to Derann in 2004.

Comment

Cheers to a beautiful job..Shorty

Comment

Thanks again for all the feedback! I am very happy that Ged and Adrian would let me publish this. The best thing was to be there in person, but for those that was not able to be there, I am glad I could record and publish this. And I have listened to it several times myself in advance of publishing it and enjoyed it a lot :-)

Comment

Working...
            X