X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawence Of Arabia 70mm

https://suntheatre.com.au/wp-cinema/...RABIA+in+70mm/

just booked my Ticket

Many moons ago I treated my dad, who's favourite film this was ( Zulu was a close 2nd ) to a screening of this film in 70mm on the Imax screen in Bradford UK, a distance of about 75miles away.
    It was one of the only times that the projected image was sooooo wide that I had to move my head each way to see the corners*. An absolute delight for both of us.
    So, if you are in the vicinity of the cinema, I recommend what Edward has done..... and grab yourself a ticket !

* The others, on the same screen, being 2001: A Space Odyssey and Back To The Future II

Comment

Yes I saw the restored 70mm print a long while ago at the old massive screen at the Odeon Marble Arch before it was sub-divided. I believe David Lean made them take a lot of the curve out of it as he thought it spoilt the desert shots. My first experience of it was at the Brixton Astoria off 35mm on it's origihnal release. I think it had an extended run there.

Comment

I was lucky enough to go to the press show for 'Lawrence' back in the day. Still got the ticket, in fact.
        There was enthusiastic applause at the end.
        Strangely remember that actor Cyril Shaps was in the seat behind me!

Comment

Just got back from Lawence Of Arabia 70mm it started at 230pm we had the overture there is a with curtain down Film start then up folding blind given 4 page new program intermission had 3 free lemon drinks the Film Finished at 645pm

Comment

Working...
          X