Highest Grossing Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest Grossing Films

There is always talk on how Avatar 1 & 2 made big money. And yes the First "Avatar" made 12 times its money.
    But the original "Star Wars" made 70 times its money.
    And "Gone with the Wind" made 100 times its money.
    But "Rocky" from 1976 made over 230 times its money, Story Written by and Staring Sylvester Stallone.
    A very popular film hard to find on Super 8, 16mm and 35mm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...grossing_films

Move over Rocky !

Halloween 1978 budget $300,000 box office $70,000,000

Other contenders would be Night of the Living Dead which was public domain from day 1 so was bootlegged and pirated there after.

Texas ChainSaw Massacre whose accounts are run by the Mafia so who knows what the box office was.

However, the biggest movie based on budget to box office is is “Paranormal Activity”. Budget $15,000 Box Office $193,000,000

Three Super 8 releases there.

Comment

The Blair Witch Project's worldwide box office is 413.8 times its production budget! I assume marketing and print costs are not included in that figure.

Comment

Yes I remember back in 1999, they used the Internet to its full potential to promote the film.
        it got a lot of Free publicity.

There more on Films made on a Shoestring Budget

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainm...ei=101#image=1

Comment

Pity that doesn't show that El Mariachi was made on 16mm and was blown up to 35mm (with loss of colour quality as shown in the DVD special feature) as was The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" and "Dark Star" which I think should have been on that list too.

Comment

Dollars made does not often add up to quality. Barbie is making a disgustingly high amount of money, but I'd rather watch an aging Indiana Jones any day, where they couldn't pay me to watch freakin Barbie!

Comment

Well folks, I have zero interest in going watching it and really do mean zero, but many are and seem to be enjoying it, plus it seems to be doing really well, now past "USD 1 Billion" dollar mark at the box office, its the Highest Grossing film in North America.

So there you go folks, go and see it and let us know what you think of it?

Comment

Well, as little as I like to admit it, Barbie does do what I think movies do at they're best. I personally believe that film-making is at it's best, not when it is pumping out films that are designed to "social program", but when, instead, they are made merely to entertain! This is why people go to the movies, not to be indoctrinated (though this tends to be what Hollywood tends to do today), but instead, to "escape" they're lives for just a short while and, at times, make such an escapism that a it becomes a part of humanities "mythology", such as Star Wars or Indiana Jones.

Comment

Working...
                X