The Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dial of Destiny

The UK news columns have been full of Cinemas struggling to stay open, but I bring some good news.
    Went to see Dial of Destiny at the first screening as I had done with the others and our VUE cinema is being refurbished right down to the washrooms. Had a chat with the staff who are always friendly, then watched the film with a large group of seriously challenged adults God bless them all and what a time they had once the films started.

Oh the film. I wont give anything away as to spoil it if you are going to view. I'll just say I REELLY enjoyed it and you may need a few tissue's near the end. The scenes filmed in Glasgow Scotland were of special interest as my Son's office overlooked all the filming for those scenes, so when it was filmed I got a blow by blow account what was happening.

Well done and thank you Vue for a top presentation. Ticket price £6.99.

I intend to see this soon. My local Odeon has it on 5 screens, including one "IMAX". Checking on-line they have many empty seats in all screens today and tomorrow.

Comment

Just saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Very fun film. My only complaint is there was too much CGI in the beginning but the rest was just a wild ride. There was a lot of talk about Phoebe Waller-Bridge but I thought her character was a good side bar to Indiana Jones. If you check out rotten tomatoes there is a very fair rating and assessment. Highly recommend it.

Comment

I’m a huge Indy fan, So i’m glad to hear positive reviews of this one! I’m hopefully going to see it tomorrow night.

Comment

I also liked it. While not a great movie, it was a lot of fun and a great tribute to Harrison Ford’s career and a great end to the series.

The “de-aging” software used on Harrison Ford was for the opening sequence was amazing, you would swear it was filmed 40 years ago.

My only criticism of the film was that it was too long, but I don’t know what I would have cut out if I had been in charge.

Comment

Finally made it out to see DIAL OF DESTINY last night and had a fun time with it. It wasn’t perfect, but Mangold crafted a solid adventure that I thought honored Dr. Jones life in a worthwhile enough way. I do think Spielbergs sort of kinetic energy was missing from a lot of the chase scenes or action, but still pretty enjoyable.

It had a very wide spectrum between me, my brother, and my dad though! My brother loved it, I liked it, and my dad hated it. Hahaha.

Comment

I saw the 16.00 hrs showing yesterday after going to get a ticket from the sale s counter as the machine I was trying to buy from refused to serve me giving the statement on the screen "There is a disturbance in the Force" the freezing!!! There were about 6 other people in the digital IMAX screen of the multiplex with me.
              It was better than I feared, but it did seem there was something missing, posibly the pace and the funof the earlier filsm. The Ancient Greece scenes did resemble a computer games conflict too. Pheobe Waller-Bridge didn't grate as much as people suggested, but I had a vision later of what it might have been if Miranda Hart had played the part.

Comment

I saw it today in a surprisingly crowded theater. I thought it was fun, liked Phoebe Waller-Bridge and the de-aging effects looked excellent to me. Like many recent films, it could easily lose 20 minutes.

Comment

I am screening it in my cinema at the moment, the film has not done as well as what i had thought but not to bad, its the school holidays here so ive put it on during the day on some days to see how it does.

Comment

I saw it at the Luna Drive In on Monday there was a lot of cars there temperature 10c

Comment

I went to Vue Newcastle under Lyme on Monday to see Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. I thought it was excellent, great performances by the entire cast and an interesting story. I see many of you enjoyed it as well. When you look at the reviews for this film they in the main are very negative, and the reviews on IMDB are generally awful.

It is a sign of the times, people these days are never satisfied, they pick holes in everything. They go on and on about the originally trilogy and the other two films are viewed as inferior. They are not! When you see the vast amount of crap in cinemas these days you realise how good Destiny is. They give Oscar’s to the most dreadful films, Everything Everywhere All At Once being a prime example.

I feel sorry for people who can’t just enjoy a film for what it is. Years ago you went to the cinema and just enjoyed the film, had your popcorn and ice cream and enjoyed the escapism. I feel that people look for faults constantly, not just in films but in life and this makes them very negative about everything.

Enjoy your films members, lace up turn down the lights and enjoy the escapism.

God bless Maurice.

Comment

Good points Phil, although I do like Everything Everywhere.

In the Dial of Destiny, Indy is searching for the Antikythera mechanism, a type of analog computer from ancient Greece. I was astounded to find out this is an actual device that dates from 87 BC.

This Smthsonian Magazine article has the details, however it does contain plot spoilers.

Comment

I did remember that being in the news a few years ago as I watched the film.

Comment

Saw THE DIAL and thought it was a very good Indiana Jones romp. Great send off for Harrison Ford and I agree with Doug the de-aging effects were extremely well done during the two separate flashbacks....

Movie actually beat some initial expectations. And yes it could have lost 15 minutes or so but that is a small quibble.

CHECK IT OUT!!

Comment

Super 8, here we come! OK, that might be a stretch. Sadly, I don't think that there were any 35mm prints of the trailer struck?

Comment

Working...
                              X