Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone success!

“PASSWORD NOT WORKING ON LOCK SCREEN”

Well this is a good one, isn’t it. A lot of people are very confused. Thank you I-Phone for not telling us in simple terms how to cope with this interesting predicament. As it turns out, folks; everything is working just fine. I was at work one night and this problem was going through my head. All of a sudden it occurred to me I was focusing on the wrong item. To explain this, please stay with me. I do think it will make sense to you in a bit.

I am using the I-Phone 8 SE that yes, has the home button.

Pressing the home button from a black screen – I find the password option does not appear and it opens up to the home screen with all apps ready.

Now, if you are having this same issue – take a deep breath because it’s not an issue or a problem. In fact, it is working just fine.

What I found was, I had been using my dominant finger to always press the home button. That is, for me being right handed using my pointing finger to press the home button.

You know how when after you access the apps, some places require fingerprint authorization? Well there you go peeps. BINGO. You own the phone. It recognizes the fingerprint. It bypasses the password screen because it knows it’s you.

Likewise, you can try opening the phone using other fingers but not the dominant one. You should find it will ask for the password then take you to the home screen.

To turn this function off: Access SETTINGS/TOUCH ID PASSCODE/ENTER PASSWORD/TURN OFF LOCK SCREEN.

With it off – you can use even your fingerprint finger – and YES you will have to enter the password. Because with this option off, the phone does NOT recognize you as the phone owner.

Now I can’t say this will help everyone. But please do consider these steps because odds are it will save you from future frustration.

Help: Is there a forum that does NOT require signing in or joining where I can post this for apple users? Thanks.

Comment

Chip,

I believe the Apple support communities along with the various help forums all require you to sign in. If you're on Facebook, there might be a group where you can do this.

Comment

Working...
      X