Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title First, or Artist First on Ebay Vinyl Record Listings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title First, or Artist First on Ebay Vinyl Record Listings ?

I know another of the big hobbies us film collectors are involved with is vinyl record collecting and selling. (The third being trains and model train sets).

My question is.... For those who sell on Ebay, have you found that you can sell an LP, single, Cd or Cd single quicker or get more people looking at an item by listing the title or the artist first in the heading?

Or.... Does it not matter ?

I don’t think it matters Melvin so long as you give both, although the shops seem to put them in the alphabetical order by artists, groups, orchestras or composers. Ken Finch. 😊

Comment

At the moment I have about one hundred albums for sale on ebay. I have always listed them starting with the artist name, then the album title. If there is any more room left on the listing title I will also include if it is a remaster, heavy weight vinyl, numbered edition ect.
      I know for myself when I am looking for music, I will always start with the artist name first.
      ​

Comment

As much details as you can fit into the title with a nod to what buyers will be searching for and remember to spell check.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everybody.

I do tend to list vinyl albums artist first then title, but it is one of those situations where one gets into a routine for years and suddenly someone turns around and says " NAH ! You should be doing it THIS way, it gets a better response."
          It seems my preference is not incorrect, thank goodness ! Just thought I would check.... just in case....!

Comment

As a buyer, I tend to be a compulsive buyer when seeing an artist/group names appear first although I am looking for their other albums.πŸ˜…

Comment

Working...
            X