Jane Birkin has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Birkin has died

The British actress/singer Jane Birkin has left us at the age of 76. I don't know how famous she was in the UK but she was very popular in France (and Belgium). She was famous for her relation with the late French singer Serge Gainsourg ans for her British accent she never lost (nor could she, although she was living in France since the late '60s, avoid the le/la mistakes in French, since in English the words have no gender, it is indeed not always easy).

She was known for her songs in French but for obvious reasons, here is one in English : Jane Birkin - Yesterday yes a day - YouTube

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with her credits, aside from the two Agatha Christie films she appeared in. Those were Death on the Nile and Evil Under the Sun.

Comment

All the French-speaking tv news (in Belgium and France) opened tonight with this sad news. She was very famous, here.

Comment

I have always loved Jane Birkin, there was something wild about her. Especially with her collaboration with partner Serge Gainsbourg, they left us the emortale sound of the true swinging sixties, with style and class.

R.I.P. Jane B.

Comment

Working...
        X