eBay searches ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay searches ...

What is the best way of doing a search for super 8 films on eBay? I'm getting tired of missing out on this and that super 8 film because it doesn't come up on searches!

Here is the search I use to have Ebay email me a list of new items daily:

Comment

Hi Osi

As well as Ed's suggestion I would try :

Cine Film Super 8
      8mm Film

Comment

I’ve always used super 8 sound I suppose it depends on how the seller describes their item

Comment

THAT is one of the big issues. Take Adam's "Home Alone" digest, for instance. I didn't see it on any of my searches, but it's obviously there.

Comment

Ebay can be a bit of a mystery when it comes to word searching. I use Jim's method. Super 8 Sound covers a multitude of sins. But even then, like Osi, major films still seem to slip through the net. The one which seems to have gone crazy recently is " Super 8 Feature ." Once upon a time it was very tight and a very useful search. Nowadays, on Ebay UK it just seems to throw up any film it fancies..... even to the point of NOT having the word "Feature" in the main title of the listing that it is supposed to be searching for in the first place. Very strange.

It is almost an act of desperation on Ebay's part just to throw something at you regardless, knowing someone is bound to buy it eventually.

Comment

Another option is to use Google to search Ebay. The syntax is: site: ebay.com "Home Alone film". This tell Google search to only look at "ebay.com" for the key words you put after it (i.e site: "Home Alone film").

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	84233

As you can see this gave me 41,100 results. You can then change the "Home Alone film" keywords to try and eliminate all the DVD and VHS items.
              Attached Files

Comment

Try

8mm Film Feature

or

Super 8 Feature

or

Derann Super 8

or the title your after ____ Super 8

Comment

Working...
                X