RIP Tony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Tony Bennett

Legendary singer is gone. A very sad day for the musical profession.

Sad news , a legend. I remember him headlining at Glastonbury, he was a knockout the crowd loved him, such was his appeal to all.
    John

Comment

A truly sad day, the news hasn't arrived this side of the pond yet.
      It was always said that Tony Bennett could never sing the same song twice, as he sang everything truly with his heart.
      He will be missed by many artists, as he was held in such high regard as being the last and the best.

Comment

Here you go for those across the pond

Comment

"I Left My Heart ... In San Francisco ... ". There was something about that voice that went way beyond some "lounge singer", to a whole different level. I first heard that voice on the Christmas records my Mom and Dad had. I always loved to hear them each year. I would honestly put him up there with Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin. No, he was never a big movie star, but his voice was so distinctive that he really stood out. I was glad in the 90's, when he had that resurgence in his career, and that, in his mid seventies

Comment

I grew up in San Francisco. Tony Bennett's iconic " I left my heart in San Francisco" is played at the end of Giants baseball games. RIP Mr Bennett... You will be missed.

Comment

But for my money Tony Bennett is the best singer in the business. [He] gets across what the composer had in mind, and probably a little more.​
              - Frank Sinatra

Last edited by Ed Gordon; July 21, 2023, 11:39 AM.

Comment

A rarity among singers in that his voice improved with age.

Comment

The best of the best. A gentleman, a class act, and that wonderful voice. A true American Icon. No one today comes close.
                  The first time I flew to San Francisco I heard his signature song in the plane as we flew over the city. No one was playing it, but I heard it anyway.
                  I wonder if they will dim the lights in SF tonight?

Comment

Tony gone?Best we leave the building...............................

Comment

Flags flying half staff in San Francisco today, and Tony Bennet's iconic song is blaring from PA systems all over the city. Flowers are piling up at his statue outside the Fairmont Hotel where he stayed and performed, and the Mayor has declared the song as the official song of San Francisco.

Comment

Working...
                      X