Time waits for no man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time waits for no man.

There comes a time in everyone’s life when the decision has to be made that it is time to wind down a bit. Over the years, we film enthusiasts collect loads of equipment and films on all sorts of formats, collecting all sorts of bits and pieces which may be usefull for some project or other. Eventually one realises that the mind may be willing but the body is no longer so capable. We embark on projects that remain unfinished because other more urgent tasks have to take precedence. I am now in my 89th year and when my time is up it is doubtful whether anyone in the family will want to keep much of my gear so rather than it ending up in the tip I am embarking on an ongoing “garage sale” in the first instance to members of the forum before advertising elsewhere. Have a look at the appropriate forum to see what’s on offer. It will have to be “buyer collects” or get someone to collect it for you. This is because cost of packaging and postage/ courier with exception of films or small items would be more than the item is worth! Ken Finch 😊

Ken,

I realize what a tough decision this is. There are many factors the collector considers. Cost, available space, tolerance by spouse(!). Then age comes to the fore. Projectors are suddenly heavier and repairs are now more difficult to make. Everyone of us has, is, or will, face this. I am glad that you chose the phrase "wind down a bit". I'm sure there is lots more enjoyment of this hobby to come.

Comment

Working...
    X