Great star photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great star photo

I was trawling the internet and came across this great star photo which you may not have seen. These are real stars, Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Bob Hope and David Niven. They don’t make them like this anymore. I would love to know what they are laughing at. I feel that Cary Grant has just said, ‘ I have just been reassured that Eastman colour stock will last a hundred years’ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6248.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	84592

What a great picture Phil, thanks for posting it. Whatever they are laughing at, the picture conveys the mutual friendship that these giants of the silver screen shared. As you said they don't make them like this anymore, and that is an understatement in todays film industry.

Comment

It looks like it is either the late 50's to early 60's, as Gable would be departed from us, shortly after completing, "The Misfits".

Comment

All of which makes the photograph above so damn appealing. Here we have four of the most enduring stars in Hollywood history Clark “The King” Gable, Cary Grant, Bob Hope and David Niven during a break in rehearsals for the 1958 Academy Awards, and despite the fact that they’re convulsed with laughter over a shared joke, they’re all very clearly, unapologetically grown up. They’re accomplished, famous movie stars reveling in one another’s company and not one of them looks as if he has the slightest interest in being younger, or hipper, than he is.

Comment

Working...
        X