Stephen Herbert has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Herbert has passed away

Mike Smith ex Perry’s Movies has just passed on this sad news...

Stephen Herbert, passed away last Sunday 3rd September.

Stephen was one of the original organisers together with Paul Van Someren to create and produce the first and early Film Collectors Conventions held in London.

Stephen had been undergoing treatment for Pancreatic cancer for some time and was active in his film research right up to finally succumbing to his condition.
    He will be dearly missed.​

Very sad, so many leaving this world very recently and so many from forms of cancer. Stephan was involved also with the Museum of the Moving Image when it was on the South Bank. He acted the part, in appropriate uniform as Usher on the mock up of a cinema foyer. He was also involved with the Cinema Theatre Association and the museum at Kennington. A man of many talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Finch View Post
      Very sad, so many leaving this world very recently and so many from forms of cancer. Stephan was involved also with the Museum of the Moving Image when it was on the South Bank. He acted the part, in appropriate uniform as Usher on the mock up of a cinema foyer. He was also involved with the Cinema Theatre Association and the museum at Kennington. A man of many talents.
      I didn’t know at the time but I met him at MOMI. I have him on video in his role as usher at the cinema mock up. I think it was 1995.

Comment

You are probably right about that Mike because that was about the time we had a family visit with our three boys. They went “flying” via the green screen demo. 😊

Comment

I must have seen him at early (Holborn Central Library) BFCCs, but mainly remember when he went to the one in Ruislip.

Another loss we will all mourn!!

Comment

I thought these rushes from the BFCC 2016 video may be of interest. The sound is far from ideal but the content is worth preserving.

https://youtu.be/DCaUK_WTHOU?feature=shared

Comment

Working...
            X