Flickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickers

I recently received my copy of “Flickers” No 151. For those who are unfamiliar with this, it is the Journal of the Vintage Film Circle which was founded in 1956. I joined it in 1958 about the same time as I joined Group 9.5. following an article in Amateur Cine World magazine. Of recent years Patrick Moules has edited and published the journal. Back in those days, most collectors used 9.5 mm. I can remember attending meetings in an upstairs room over a pub in Fleet st. in London with the late Ted Walker screening silent 9.5 epics on his Bolex with large reels which dwarfed his machine. Nowadays the magazine highlights vintage films on DVD. Many of which are restorations of silent and early sound films. The current edition mentions DVDs that have been produced by Dave Glass and the late David Wyatt via backers of Kickstarters campaign. They are restorations of lesser known comedians and are available on their D&D label. They are available from Amazon if anyone is interested. The contain the works of Lloyd Hamilton, Lupino Lane. Billy Bevan. The current project David is working on is the films of Monty Banks.😊

Ken,

Thanks you for the Flickers update. I would love to see a retrospective of Monty Banks' work. The Play Safe chase sequence is phenomenal!

Comment

I understand that Play Safe is one of the films to be included. The people who subscribed to the Kickstarters campaign will be supplied first. I believe they will be on Blu-ray Discs.😊

Comment

Working...
      X