Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Piece Fallen Off Kodak Brownie 8 Projector

Hey everybody,

Very new to the world of Super 8 shooting and projection. I picked up a great little Brownie 8 Projector but shortly after playing around with it, the black part that seems to corral the film through the teeth and past the bulb has dropped out. It seems to sit back in its slot just fine but won't stay there. Do you think a subtle dab of super glue would do the trick or is this asking for trouble?
    Thanks
    Adam.

Dont try and glue it!
    Its the gate pressure plate. I think its held in place by a srung lever thats under the lens mounting block.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Would this be easy to repair? I really have zero experience with kit like this. It slots back into position nicely enough but nothing holds it in place, I presume the spring has fallen out or something?

Comment

Good morning
        I am assuming you do not have an instruction book as removal and refitting gate is mentioned in it.
        If so P.M. me and I will email you a copy.
        This machine came in 2 variations, one had its own integral case with a small screen in the lid, the other did not. They were both given the same designation Brownie 8 model A15G. The mechanism was the same for both.
        I have both.

Regards TOM

Comment

Quick ammendment to above post

Cased model designated A15G Non case designated A15

Comment

From memory,going back about 50 years,the lens holder should have a little lever underneath,that rests on the pressure plate to keep it in place,and at the correct tension.
            I think this is correct,but its a long time since I owned this model.

Comment

Working...
            X