• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Event Tomorrow

FILM IS FABULOUS! - YouTube

Preview by Movie Collector John Clancy

Comment

Looks amazing. I hope Splice Here secures international distribution soon.

Comment

Douglas I just brought Splice Here on Blu ray I know Rob Murphy

Comment

Link for Film is Fabulous

Live-stream Links | Film is Fabulous

Comment

I will watch the by streaming from Norway!

Comment

When there was trouble with a 35mm film being shown they turned back to John Clany's Super 8 scope showing of "Speed" on the fiull cinema screen. Unfortunately the screen couldn't be opened enough to show the full 2.66:1 picture so some was on the side masking. A really massive Super 8 showing that surprise a lot of the audence as to how good it was on a screen that size.

Comment

Brian

Could you do a little bit more of a review of the day, possibly any photo's that kind of thing, hopefully someone out there did take some video. The reason I ask, is that the results or thoughts of the day from folks being there seems to have gone a bit quiet. I checked there Facebook page, not much there

Comment

I only took one photo and that was of a panel giving a talk. Here's a link to the You Tube archive of the talks given.

https://www.youtube.com/@cathinstitute787/streams

It was not really like other conventions, the dealer room was rather small and not the easiest to find, upstairs in a separate room to the display of clooectors equipment posters etc. I don't know how much busines they did, but it was never crowded when I went there. The audiences were good for the talks and the video about the change from film to DLP in cinemas but thinned out for the actual film shows as there seemed to be two types of interest groups there.

It was good to chat to everyone including some of those who were in the talks and stayed around in the foyer later. Dick Fiddy, TV showing selector or part of that team at the BFI, who I have met several times, was actually on the same train back to london as me but we had seat reservations in different carriages so we only had a short conversation until the train arrived.

Comment

Its a shame the attendance were only around the 50 mark, I'm not sure all the dealers even made their money back but from what my mate told me it was a nice gathering. Half the problem in the UK is that if you have to travel a fair way it can work out quite expensive but it's good that another event took place. A few years ago there was zero.

Comment

Yes, also there ewas some early morning bus substitution advertised at the London end on Sunday. Luckily I also like preserved railways and went up to the Great Central line in Loughbough on Saturday and stayed over. getting the 10 minute train trip to Leicester Sunday morning. That spread the cost.

Comment

Working...
                      X