Oppenheimer release formats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oppenheimer release formats.

I recently received the latest copy of Rewind, the magazine of the Projected Picture Trust, of which I am a member. Oppenheimer was the widest Real Film release the U K has seen in while. I saw it in digital version at our local cinema, but it was screened on 35mm at 18 locations, 70mm at 4 locations, and as15/70mm IMAX at 3
    locations. These were the BFI IMAX London, Science Museum IMAX London and Vue Printworks, Manchester. The article mentions that the film was developed a processed at FotoKem. Labs in the U S. Thirty IMAX prints were made, 113 70mm prints and at least 80 35mm prints.

Was Oppenheimer shot on actual film, or digitally? I would be willing to bet that a feature film that is film, from start to finish is an extreme rarity

Comment

I don’t know Osi. But it may well have been because there are still some directors who insist on shooting on real film, hence the renewed manufacture of film by Kodak etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
        Was Oppenheimer shot on actual film, or digitally? I would be willing to bet that a feature film that is film, from start to finish is an extreme rarity
        Knowing the director's oother works it was probably, at least mainly, shot on 15/70mm IMAX film.

Comment

Ken, those numbers sound about right. It was myself and my lab guys who prepped and shipped them. The UK actually got 7, 70mm prints, but I think 3 of those were considered emergency backup prints, so those 3 may still be "brand new". There were an awful lot of dubbed and subtitled dts discs sent out too so the same prints could be played in different languages/subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Finch View Post
            The article mentions that the film was developed a processed at FotoKem. Labs in the U S. Thirty IMAX prints were made, 113 70mm prints and at least 80 35mm prints.

.....and precisely ZERO super 8mm prints I assume ?

(or 16mm for that matter !?)

Comment

I was very lucky to catch one of the last screenings of Oppenheimer on 15/70 IMAX at Manchester.

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin England View Post

.....and precisely ZERO super 8mm prints I assume ?

(or 16mm for that matter !?)
                Correct. No 8mm or 16mm prints. Any that might turn up is just a bootleg video printed to film.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                  Was Oppenheimer shot on actual film, or digitally?
                  https://m.imdb.com/title/tt15398776/...ef_=tt_spec_sm

It was completely shot on Vision3 and DoubleX according to the IMDb.

Comment

Working...
                  X