The Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shadows

Who remembers "Apache" from 1960? even after all these years its still a popular number, my brother had the 45 many moons ago and that's where i got interested in them. It says a lot for there music and in particular Hank Marvin, not sure how popular The Shadows were in the US, but else where they are still a well known household name.

Anyway the second video clip is from 1960 the first from a talented youngster last year, it shows music like "Apache" lives forever

Enjoy
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​

Good instrumental from the 60's! There were a lot of great ones, "Wipeout", "Walk Don't Run" and the like.

Comment

Apache by The Shadows is a masterpiece, and lead guitarist Hank Marvin has reached iconic status throughout the world. He left England and now resides in Australia.
      Here is a more recent clip of Hank playing in a 2002 concert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNctTjAD4_M
      Last edited by Paul Adsett; November 03, 2023, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Now this is a coincidence . I was listening to Apache by The Shadows on CD on my Hi Fi system only a couple of hours ago .
        My parents bought the original 45rpm when first released . I heard it quite a lot when i was a young lad via their big HMV radiogram .

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	HMV RADIOGRAM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	89903
          Hi David. My mum and dad had one of those big HMV radiograms. It was the 240v DC version as most of the UK was on DC power at the time they purchased it, probably 1930's. I got one hell of a shock off it when I was about 8 years old, at which time it was permanently unplugged from the wall and banished to the upstairs landing of the house for decorative purposes only.
          It brought much joy,music, and radio into the house. On VE day 1945 it was dragged out on the front porch to provide music for our street party.

Comment

Hi Paul
            Yes those old valve / tube radiograms and television sets could give you right old belt if you went poking around the where you ought not to even when unplugged . I remember as a young kid poking and probing around with a torch and a knitting needle at the back of a set through the back cover ventilation holes once . I never did that again as curiosity almost killed this cat ! LOL .

Comment

Great band! They backed Cliff Richard (as The Drifters) for the first great British rock 'n roll song ever "Move It." They had to change their name because of the U.S. Drifters.

Comment

Working...
              X