Blackpool 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpool 2023

Just a few weeks away now until Blackpool 2023! This event only continues to run due to your support. Come to all events, or just the Sunday.

Friday 24th November: 8pm the weekend kicks off with a feature film (16mm).
    Saturday 25th November: 10am-4pm, all day 8 & 16mm continuous cinema. Then, from 7.30pm The Film Collectors' Dinner (separate booking needed, see website below) with a chance to win a B & H TQIII projector, donated by Classic and also a Derann tie and films donated by Greg Perry, plus many more prizes.
    Sunday 26th November from 10am prompt, the film fair itself, shows, dealers, auction, bring & buy, Ged Jones ex Derann will give us part two of his Q & A. More dealers this year than previous years, with three having never exhibited at Blackpool and one booking four tables such is the size of the collection they are bringing.

Full details: https://blackpoolfilmconvention.co.uk/

The Grand Hotel,
    North Promenade Sea Front,
    Blackpool,
    FY1 2JQ​
    Last edited by Simon McConway; November 08, 2023, 05:01 AM.

Cheers mate, see you all soon, Shorty

Comment

Looking forward to meet you all in just about two weeks!

Comment

Thanks all. I've updated the Blackpool website's news section with more information on the weekend. You can see it here:

Hope to see as many of you as possible in just over two weeks!
        As we write this, the 2023 Blackpool Film Collectors' Convention is just under three weeks away and we're busy making the final preparations for what promises to be a fantastic Convention weekend...

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Mark

Comment

Good Luck to those who are going. Climate change is keeping it mild. Remember walking down the front and nearly getting hypothermia with the cold 💨 wind.

Comment

With regard to the weather on the convention weekend, with the exception of possibly two or three times in the last 30 years, the sun has always shone brightly and mostly blue sky although there can be a bitterly cold wind. Strange how it seems to be so consistent year in year out. Has anyone else noticed ?

(Bet this has jinxed this year.....!!)

Comment

I always seems to be a decent weekend and it gets cold straight after. I think the cold year was 1987 so beyond 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin England View Post
                  With regard to the weather on the convention weekend, with the exception of possibly two or three times in the last 30 years, the sun has always shone brightly and mostly blue sky although there can be a bitterly cold wind. Strange how it seems to be so consistent year in year out. Has anyone else noticed ?

(Bet this has jinxed this year.....!!)
                  It was a lovely sunny day in Leicester for Film is Fabulous too. I think indoor film events attract that sort of weather and outdoor events rain!

Comment

See You in a couple of days and can’t wait📽✨

Comment

From TV tonight it looks like it will miss the live Strictly Come Dancing this year!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231113_070827.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	90572 The place to be next weekend!

Comment

Do you want to get into the mood before going to Blackpool next weekend? Listen to the interview I had with Simon McConway to get the convention feeling in advance. Or listen to the Q&A session Adrian Winchester had with Ged Jones last year to prepare for this years Q&A where Ged and Adrian continue where they left off.

Comment

Hi Eivind
                            Great interview with Simon , thanks. Looking forward to catching up with everyone next Sat/ Sun, I hope you will be filming the event again, it’s so important for those unable to make it.
                            John

Comment

Yes, I will both be filming and recording some audio. Looking forward to see you again, John!

Comment

Working...
                              X