Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexa

What will they think of next? my better half Yvonne had her birthday the other day, a friend of hers bought Alexa. When my daughter and son came round they were going to sing Happy Birthday, April called out Alexa sing Happy birthday as well which it did. April had a good laugh at this thing singing Happy birthday. I thought in my mind this is nuts. I said to Yvonne, well you have a new friend now now before Alexa was going to get thrown out the window we did play around with it, and to be honest its quite handy Its really is amazing technology how do they do it?. One handy application is that if you are at home on your own and have a fall carrying a GS1200 and can't move, you can call out to Alexa for help, and she will get an ambulance for you.

Amazing don't you think what will they think of next?

Oh! if you wonder who Alexa is, watch this amusing video a family put up on you-tube, enjoy .

Hi Graham,

Personally I find the thing creepy, but my wife happens to like her (..."it"?) so she has one downstairs on her desk. I banned it from upstairs while I was working from home full-time because I wanted to be able to sit through a Zoom meeting without invisible ears joining in too! I can just imagine an Amazon truck standing in front of my house and the guy saying "The 25,000 feet of cable you ordered is in the truck. Where do you want it? Living room? Den? It's pretty heavy! Okay, Bob! Bring the forklift over here!".

I was playing the Video in your post downstairs (innocently enough) just now and all of a sudden from over on the desk I heard that voice ("I'm sorry..."). Apparently "she" heard her name being called! (I'm pretty sure the thing has better hearing than ME!)

Friends of ours have a daughter named Alexa. These days I can imagine that becoming a challenge! She can't have a conversation without waking the thing up!

It's a goal of mine to get Alexa in a heated argument with Siri and just walk away!
    Last edited by Steve Klare; November 17, 2023, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Funny you should mention that Steve, Yvonne was telling me she was on Tick Tock is that how you spell it.. mmmm.... anyway there was something she was watching them talk about certain music. Well Alexa heard all this coming from Yvonne phone, and said I don't no that song. I thought what Yvonne told me about it was funny.

I wonder what they will come up with next?, I say to Yvonne these days, so how is your new friend this morning? .

Comment

activate all your devices and then say:
        „Alexa, tell Google that Siri is worse than Cortana.“
        Then listen to the resulting chatter…

Comment

Working...
        X