No announcement yet.

Pictures from Blackpool 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Terry. Tony doesn't attend the Blackpool fair. I haven't seen him for a while. Hopefully another member has recent news from Tony.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed Blackpool yet again!! The organisers did a great job putting on an extravaganza of all things cine. At the dinner I sat next to Oliver from Berlin, great conversation during the evening , it really is becoming an international event.
      There was more films and equipment for sale than I have seem for years. I am waiting for an oportune moment to sneak my purchases in before the wife sees it!!
      Great film shows all day and most of all the meeting up and chatting with friends.

Comment

Big thank you to Saturdays two projectionist who screened one of my new films where we ran the sound track from a digital disc. It was great fun.
        Thank you to Mark for projecting the new Dorun films, also the audience who clapped after each one. Very moving for me.

Lovely to see everyone again and catch up!

Comment

Here a few images I took. The video will be available December 15th.

Comment

Was Classic Home Cinema there

Comment

Yes, CHC was there as usual. I failed to take many pictures from the dealers room, but I have a lot of video shot from the room which will be published some time later.

Comment

I was happy to meet the famous Joachim. Hope to see you next year again, Joachim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231125_095628.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	91762
                ​​​​​​​I must add that forum members Cliff and Graham were also there. I wanted to take a picture with them but they had to leave early on Sunday. Next year...

Comment

Dom
                  Yes probably too far for him these days. Last time I saw him was at Harpenden when you and I helped him setting up his stall. Hope he is ok.
                  Terry

Comment

I just want to say that I really enjoyed the time in Blackpool. It was wonderful to meet so many nice persons I only knew from here before, it was really great to get in personal touch with Eivind, Phil and Ged - who gave me three great interviews which will be published during 2024. Oliver is a very nice one, too, we talked a lot. Many thanks to all the organizers for such an outstanding event where I feld very warm welcomed.

Comment

I managed to attended the stalls on Sunday. My time is crazy divided these days between work and home, but I managed to make a great weekend out of it by bring my family camping near by. Wish I could have attended the talks but had to take the little one to meet the gruffalo and petter rabbit and drive back home.
                      I did want to introduce myself and pick some brains, but the crowd was too manic for me ) searching for precious film.
                      Thanks for organising the convention. Maybe catch the next one.

Comment

It gets less manic after an hour or two :-) Come say hello next time! I will as usual have a Super8database or Humming Projector outfit and should be easy to spot. Ged and Adrian's Q&A will be published in its entirety as both video and audio some time next year. A small taste will be found online in December as part of my yearly Blackpool video.

Comment

Shared my dealer tables once again with my great pal Geoff, who's an amazing 86 years old now and still has much has more energy than me!!! Both Geoff and myself really enjoyed the day and seeing all those familiar faces and chatting about our fantastic hobby. We even sold a few films to collectors new to the hobby!! Hats off to the organisers, who once again pulled off a really impressive and professional Convention. Most important though was the genuine warmth and friendliness apparent everywhere you looked, with lots of smiles on lots of faces!

Comment

Terry, Cliff will ring Tony to get some news from him.

Comment

I spoke to Tony today. He's still going strong and still in business. He was pleased to hear that you'd been asking after him.

Comment

Working...
                              X