New podcast episode - Report from the Blackpool convention 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New podcast episode - Report from the Blackpool convention 2023

Join me as I report from The Blackpool convention in November 2023. You can follow the convention day by day, and listen to bits of the events. There are interviews with Jim Cecil, Nigel Lister, Del Phillipson, Dominique De Bast, Vince Wright and Lee Mannering, and we will also get a taste of Ged Jones’ and Adrian Winchester’s Q&A.

In a week or two I will publish my yearly video from Blackpool. Later in the winter/spring I will release a full podcast episode and a video of the Q&A with Ged and Adrian.

Listen to the episode on the web page, on Spotify, YouTube or any other podcast player.​

Thank you for doing this, Eivind. A very nice souvenir of a great weekend which has been posted on this forum so soon after the event has taken place!

I look forward to the up and coming video you are making of the event and re-living Ged's Q&A session !

Takk !

Comment

Melvin, my thanks for the films, so kind...Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Many thanks Elvind. Very kind of you. Particularly for those of us who are no longer able to get around like we used to.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	blackpool_2023_editing.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	92090
          Video editing in the works. A bit behind schedule, but we are getting there :-)

Comment

Nicely Done, Eivind!

It's good storytelling: makes the listener feel like they are there.

What I love about these is they have the feel of AM radio shows I used to listen to...way too many more years ago than I want to admit! (-sometimes even to myself!)

I trust they took good care of Shorty...we need him back here next year! CineSea IS kind of an Autonomous Collective, but Shorty is basically our Mayor!

Comment

Eivind is one great person. always a pleasure to meet and see at Blackpool. his podcasts are superb and expertly done. it's a pleasure to know him. as for Shorty. well lets just say that like Eivind he is now a part of Blackpool. another wonderful person. both gentlemen in my opinion. definately without this hobby i would never had met such lovely people.

Comment

If anything personifies the word 'gentlemen', this would be Paul and the Blackpool staff.They have shown me nothing but kindness and cordiality, and great company. I love and miss my across the pond family...Shorty

Comment

Thanks for the very kind words, Steve and Paul! Always a pleasure to see you in Blackpool, Paul. Thanks for all your organizing work! You and the others run a very smooth and enjoyable event. I always enjoy our conversations.

My yearly video has been edited, and the 30 minute video will be released on Friday :-) And as you see, Shorty, a good cup of coffee kept me going while I battled a bug in the software last night :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	video_editing.jpg Views:	0 Size:	358.1 KB ID:	92277

Comment

Everything tastes so much better in a CineSea mug!

Comment

Stay well, we need you. So great spending time in engaging conversation and mutual interest in film and Simon's extra large shirt Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Working...
                      X