Video from Blackpool 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video from Blackpool 2023

Here are 30 minutes of video from this year's Blackpool! As usual we follow the program from Friday to Sunday, but this time we also have some short interviews with people who were there. Ged and Adrian did a follow up from last year's Q&A. Here we can get a glimpse of that. A full video of the Q&A will be published later in the winter/spring.

A huge thanks to the organizers for making a fantastic weekend! Also a big thanks to the dealers on Sunday! The room was packed with more dealer tables and more people, and the queue was longer than I have ever seen it.

Fantastic video, thanks for doing this. A great record of the event.

Graham S

Comment

Just finished watching it on you-tube, excellent, and thanks for posting it.

Comment

Eivind - Your convention video's just get better and better ! This is an absolutely excellent account of what was a really wonderful weekend. It's also nice to see you getting our colleagues to do pieces to camera. Well done.... and thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Graham, Graham and Melvin!

As for the camera work, Melvin, it is just me and my tripods :-) I had up to four cameras at work at any given time (mostly one or two) where up to three were on tripods and I handled one manually. That gave me a chance to be in my own video, and I couldn't let that opportunity pass :-)

Comment

Sorry, I am slow, Melvin. You meant those who were interviewed (weak language interpretation on my side)! Yes, I enjoyed adding some interviews this time, and what they provided really gave a much better sense of the convention than just the regular video documenting.

Comment

Eivind, you’ve done it again, just watched your film of the Blackpool event, a masterpiece !Thanks so much for taking up your valuable time during the convention and doing multi camera filming whilst trying to enjoy the event ! It’s so important that these events are captured for posterity also invaluable to those who are unable to attend.
              John

Comment

Thanks, John! It means a lot to hear this from someone who used to work behind the camera!

Comment

Wow! What a great video. So great to see and hear all those well known names on the 8mm forum, and the interviews were most interesting. I find these convention videos, with great close ups of the film boxes and those wonderful projectors, to be very inspiring in my pursuit of the hobby. So thanks again Eivind for all the work you did on this one. ( some of the shots looked like you had a drone flying around inside the dining room!)

Comment

Thanks, Paul! The "drone shots" were made with a Osmo Pocket on a long stick (1.6 meters). I have a 3 meter stick too, but best not to overdo it :-)

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

This one should definitely be awarded the best pod of the year...Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Eivind,

The 'bird's eye' shots were really great! So fun to see all of the enjoyment at Blackpool 2023...thank you!

Comment

Eivind, it’s AMAZING! What a great memory to this outstanding event.
                            Thank You very much!!!!

Comment

Eivind,

What a wonderful video. You put so much into this, making sure you captured the ambience using multiple cameras, doing interviews and really giving us the feeling of what this exceptional convention is really like. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X