Ryan o'neal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan o'neal

Ryan o'neal has passed away he was 82 Love Story Whats Up Doc Main Event Paper Moon Rest in Peace you will be missed

Yes! Paper Moon and Whats Up Doc are a yearly repeat in our home. His best years were undoubtedly the 70's. Thanks for the laughs.

Comment

Showed early promise as an actor but faded away after Barry Lyndon and The Driver. Complete scumbag in his personal life.

Comment

I liked "The Driver" to an extant. You were right about that other point. From what I have read, Carly Simon wrote her classic, "You're So Vain", based upon a messy break up ONeal.

Comment

And I thought that song was about Warren Beatty or her ex James Taylor.

Nickelodeon was a big disappointment. Peter Bogdonavich reteaming with Ryan and Tatum had lots of promise but it never took off.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
            And I thought that song was about Warren Beatty or her ex James Taylor.
            I had the same thought. I looked it up, and the list is rather long:

The lyrics of the meta song pointedly accused someone — likely a lover — of being way too into himself. And with Simon’s famous lineup of romantic partners, the cocky individual could have pointed to Warren Beatty, Michael Crichton, David Geffen, Kris Kristofferson, Terrence Malick, Jack Nicholson, Cat Stevens, James Taylor or John Travolta — or even rumored flings with Sean Connery (she later denied any romantic interactions), Marvin Gaye and Jeremy Irons. And of course, there was the possibility of Mick Jagger, with whom she shared “raw electricity” while singing together.
            Source:https://www.biography.com/musicians/...in-inspiration

Comment

I thought it was Mick Jagger. Can we check with Carly. She’s been busy.

Comment

Nickelodeon should have worked just didn’t. Ryan O Neal was a bit of a wife beater. Kids also suffered too. Think children only reconciled with him at the end . He still had money and they had zilch/none.

Comment

I think I was wrong, it may we'll be Warren Beatty! However, Mick Jagger did do backing vocals on "You're So Vain", that I do know.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                    I think I was wrong, it may well be Warren Beatty! However, Mick Jagger did do backing vocals on "You're So Vain", that I do know.
                    Well he is so Vain.

Comment

I remember showing 'Oliver's Story', the sequel to 'Love Story' on 16mm to a sizeable audience back in the day. Although it starred Ryan O'Neal and Candice Bergen, the film was a real disappointment. It was the first time I'd heard a whole audience go 'Awwwwww....' at the inconclusive ending. I felt I had to make it clear to some that I actually didn't make the film.

Comment

Working...
                      X