No announcement yet.

Christmas Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two films i will not be screening or watching on any format this Christmas are Scrooge 1951 ( aka A Christmas Carol ) and It's A Wonderful Life . Instead over the festive period i will be watching on actual 8mm / 16mm film Laurel and Hardy in Big Business , Below Zero , The Fixer Uppers and Laughing Gravy . Also White Christmas and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers via Blu Ray projection . On Christmas Day we will be watching Martin Scorsese's The Irishman ( 2019 ) during the seasonal afternoon Christmas Day Royal Family speech . LOL

Comment

Last night I revisited Polar Express, this time in glorious 3D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Polar Express cover 1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	92816

Name:	Polar Express cover 2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	92817

I enjoyed watching the snow fall in my home cinema.

Comment

Jeorg! What a great selection! Yes! No one can tear up a Christmas tree like James Finlayson, and now that I think about it, I can add "March of the Wooden Solders to that list!

Comment

Last night we watched "The Muppet Christmas Carol" on LD, with the added attraction of including the song "When Love Is Gone", which Disney excised a few years later (and which, I believe, has been reinstated on the Disney + streaming service).

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E5525[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.3 KB ID:	92844

30 Minutes before our guests arrived. Gates have been cleaned and films are being threaded up.

Our Christmas show came off as we had hoped: 10 guests to see 16mm, S8, S8 'Scope and projected video.
            -including White Christmas as the feature:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E5526[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.4 KB ID:	92845

(-shot from the "booth")

Comment

After reading Ed comments about "The Polar Express" in 3D, last night I thought I really should watch it. I have had the 3D version on blu-ray for a while now, but had never got round to watching it.

Well its certainly impressive, the 3D effects were amazing. I have to admit that I have found that after watching 3D movies like "Jurassic Park" its hard to return to watching them in 2D .

Comment

I just got news that my grandchildren will be visiting me for a couple of days over the Christmas season . So i will now have to add some cartoons to my festive film presentation list . Those will include Super 8mm reels of : Mickey's Christmas Carol , Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer ( 1951 ) , Peace On Earth ( 1939 ) , Santa's Workshop ( 1932 ) , Night Before Xmas ( 1933 ) , Little Match Girl ( 1937 ) .

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
                  After reading Ed comments about "The Polar Express" in 3D, last night I thought I really should watch it. I have had the 3D version on blu-ray for a while now, but had never got round to watching it.

Well its certainly impressive, the 3D effects were amazing. I have to admit that I have found that after watching 3D movies like "Jurassic Park" its hard to return to watching them in 2D .
                  Graham, my first viewing of Polar Express was the 2D Bluray. I later watched a bootleg copy of the 3D version and the 3D was rather poor (kind of like the lousy Anaglyph 3D which used the colored cardboard glasses. The 3D version I watched a few days ago was the original Bluray release which I bought on Ebay. I intended to give a try to see if the 3D effect was better (that is, was it as good as other 3D discs I own). I was pleasantly surprised by just how good the 3D effect was. Yes, it has a few of those "coming at you" moments like the train racing into you face. The best effect was the subtle use of falling snow which does not come at you, but falls out in front of the screen in you viewing room. Good stuff!

Now, if only they would release the 3D version of Jaws (#1) that showed recently in theaters before they kill off physical media...

Comment

Watching one of my favorite Batman films and christmas movies: Batman Returns tonight after work!

Name:	7144H2Lht1L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	93113

Comment

This is one film we watch every year, the song by Scottish girl "Sheena Easton" was one of my favorites during its release back in the 80s

PS. Going of track just slightly don't forget "Sheena Easton" did another 80s brilliant number, for the James Bond film "For Your Eyes Only" the only time an artist did the visuals in the opening credits as well in a James Bond film

Last edited by Graham Ritchie; December 22, 2023, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X