Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will any one be screening and watching a ghost story for Christmas this year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will any one be screening and watching a ghost story for Christmas this year ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Borley Rectory.png
Views:	8132
Size:	855.2 KB
ID:	93017 I was just wondering if anyone will be watching a spooky ghost tale besides all the usual films over the Xmas festive season . If yes what ?

Yep! "A Christmas Carol" 1951, lots of ghosts!

Comment

Osi - Watched it last Saturday evening! (5x 400'). Done.....so.....tick !

Comment

David,

I've never heard of "the most haunted house in England". I see in addition to this there is a 2021 film starring this film's narrator, Julian Sands. Ghost stories during Christmas? Absolutely!

Comment

Douglas " Borley Rectory " is the most haunted house in England and well worth a watch on Blu Ray . Being Scottish i wish they would make one similar to this about our many haunted houses and castles here in Scotland . We have a fair share of our gorey ghosty tales to tell .

Comment

Excellent! Coincidentally, I received an email about a marathon Christmastime screening programmed as "The Ghosts of British Television" at a small theater in Brooklyn, New York. Unfortunately it took place a few days ago.

Comment

Douglas even more of a coincidence is that the Talking Pictures TV channel here in the UK are currently showing every night A Ghost Story For Christmas .
              The one i just watched was a BBC adaptation of M.R. James's ' The Ash Tree ' and very good it was . The one tonight will be ' The Treasure Of Abbot Thomas ' ( 1974 ) with more to follow . I see they are showing the 1935 version of 'Scrooge ' this afternoon . I don't know if you can get this where you are but here is their web page address : talkingpicturestv.co.uk . It's a great channel and has a weekly show called The Footage Detectives i am sure would be of great interest to a lot of interest to a lot of people . They show archive home movie footage on 8mm , 16mm and even 9.5mm .

Comment

And of course the BBC are showing the "last ever" episode of Ghosts on Christmas Day.

Comment

If you can find a copy, GHOST STORIES FOR CHRISTMAS, is a great series from the 70s. I had to buy a region free blu ray player for mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1246.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	93064

Comment

The ghost stories for Christmas on Blu-ray are excellent, I have just received volume 2 with my favourite The Signalman.

Comment

Working...
                    X