Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wray Moth Slide Projector

Fellow Members, i am chasing a bulb for my Wray Moth Slide Projector,
    the bulb is a A1/183 BA15S 240V 300W Bulb, can't find anything here in Australia
    and they are very expensive on EBAY,
    wondering if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction to acquire one
    thanks

Could you, perchance, put up
    ​a photo of the lamp in question?

Comment

240v 300w BA15s A1/183 lamp

Please note that these projector lamps are virtually impossible to obtain anywhere in the world. In the early 1970's, several lamp manufacturers were happy to open up a dedicated prduction lines to make theses special lamps in response to multiple projector manufacturers making a range of slide projectors in the 1970's and 1980's that were specifically designed for this lamp type.

With a declining interest in slide film in the late 80's, these projectors were no longer being made. Without a market to utilise these lamps, the lamp manufacturers closed down the production lines that were making those lamps, as to the best of my knowledge, no other light fitting or projector used these types of lamps.

Given that no new lamps have been made anywhere in the world for about thirty years, and they had limited use other than as a projector lamps, there are very few of these lamps still available for sale anywhere now. I am aware of a limited number in America, but these are 110 volt lamps, not suitable for 240 volt projectors.

I have kept this advertisement up in the hope that I may uncover an old estate with one or two good condition unused lamps. But honestly, that situation is becoming less and less likely.

There is no suitable alternatve lamp as they were purpose made for that range of domestic 35mm slide projectors only. There is no adaptor that would permit the use of another type of lamp.

The only possible options are to have the projector lamp housing professionally modified to accept a readily available lamp. This would envolve making chages to the lamp mount, socket, optics and ventilation. I have done this to several of the smaller projectors I have here, but the time and parts I used in the modification well exceeds the value of the projector.

If you are looking at purchasing another projector instead, may I suggest the Kodak SAV series. These are an extremely robust, professional type 35mm slide projector with an 80 slide carousel on top. Very good specifications and the huge plus of them is that they use a lamp that is still manufactured, there is no shortage of them worldwide and at about $23 each, are about a third the price of these blue cap lamps.
      I do have some Kodak SAV projectors, and accessories, available for sale on this site under "Slide Projectors"

The last option is that you rent a projector. Through our rental side, we have 35 mm projectors available for hire, that may be an option if you just wanted one for a single night family slide viewing event.

I am sorry that I can't readily assist you with a lamp, but trying to source spare parts for anything electrical or electronic pre 1980 is becoming increasingly difficult. Especially so lamps.

Chris Markham June 2020
      https://www.audiovisualspareparts.co..._18228487.aspx

Comment

Thanks Ed, Not really what i wanted to hear, on EBAY there is a conversion kit listed, but i can't see how it would work
        i will keep checking, the bulbs landed in Australia range from around $100 to $160 ea

Comment

Are you looking for this bulb? or is it a slightly different one?

https://www.feldmann-led.de/spezial-...v-ba15s-l-105m

Comment

Hi Joerg, it looks like the same one to me, in that listing it has SLY-37 & SLY-183 which are the Sylvania no's
            i was looking at 1A-37 & 1A-183, but even this one is expensive, around $100 landed in Australia
            was looking for something a little cheaper
            might have to look at another Projector with a cheaper bulb.
            thanks

Comment

To reduce the shipping costs, simply buy 3-4 of them and then sell 2-3 on „EBay Australia“. (Of course this only works when you are cheaper than your competitors. )

Comment

Thanks Joerg,
                i will keep looking & keep my options open
                😥

Comment

Working...
                X