Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One reason why I enjoy this hobby soooo much.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One reason why I enjoy this hobby soooo much.....

In the past I have raved and written about why I enjoy changeovers so much. I did them for nearly 25 years before automation took over.

And with super 8 or 16, of course it's slightly different. But one thing is for sure. It will ALWAYS be FUN.

For those who don't understand, and for those who just want to watch something entertaining. Check out this youtube video.

I once worked a drive in theater near Worcester, Mass. Summer of 1989 I think. The lamphouses and picture heads in this video are the same kind that I ran at the outdoor theater.

Great memories for me......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iScIfqfCGk

Chip,

What a great video, both instructional and nostalgic. It's wonderful that they left the movie theater intact.

Doug

Comment

Happy days. No mention of the carbon gap projected via a small mirror onto a card. Can be seen if you look carefully. Here, in the UK, films were never shipped on spools, we used plastic cores.

Comment

For the most part it was pretty good and accurate but the language used to describe what he was doing not all of it was correct

One obvious example was when he opened the lamp house and describe positive and negative rods he was naming them on the wrong side anyone who has ever done this work will remember the negative is on the left and the positive is on the right

In today's times of 35 mm projection that uses the Xenon bulb while it is still negative and positive current it is now described as cathode and annode inside the bulb that carries the current.

It has been a long time....correct me if wrong.

Comment

Very interesting video, and that cinema looks beautiful, can't believe it's not being used for special 35mm shows.

Comment

Chip, you are correct, click for picture. The pointed electrode is the cathode, the larger electrode is the anode. A concave mirror will face the anode. https://www.osram.com/ecat/XBO%20DHP...E_Europe_eCat/

Comment

What a great video Chip, thoroughly enjoyable and educational too 😊

When I come back in the next life I hope it will be as a Projectionist in a digital-free world where 'reel' film is king! 😉

Ali.

Comment

Working...
              X