New series on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New series on Netflix

Those members who enjoy and appreciate brilliant cinematography in B/W will love Ripley, 8 part series just started on Netflix. I don’t watch much on the box, but must admit this one is a gem !’
    John

John,

I just started watching this and I completely agree with you. Beautiful compositions in gorgeous black & white!

Comment

So glad you agree, it’s a breath of fresh air to watch something that reminds me of how films used to be made. I could watch it again and still see things I probably missed.
      John

Comment

Thanks John, for pointing this one out.
        Just finished watching this series last night, and as you say it is stunning to watch.
        Every shot within each scene is so beautifully composed, as if Orson Welles had a hand in directing it.
        It's just a shame that there isn't more productions made in black and white today, as it adds another dimension to the drama. *****

PS. I think the cat should be put up for a nomination.

Comment

I totally agree. I dont watch a lot of tv, but this looks stunning. Even on a very large tv screen.

If you like beautifully crafted tv series, also have a look at Pachinko. Not in B&W, but a lot of love given to the cinematography.

Comment

Working...
          X