Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn off international bidders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I turn off international bidders?

I have been looking all over ebay, trying to find out how to turn off international bidding on my auctions, and I can't find it. Any help, please?

Hi Osi. I think that under the shipping options for a listing, if you do not offer any International shipping options (ie the tabs for Ebay Global Shipping and Other International Shipping both turned to off) then Ebay will not allow overseas bidders to bid.

Comment

At least on the active auction, there are no tabs for clicking off international shipping.

Comment

Maybe the Ebay UK site works differently. It allows me to turn the button for Ebay GSP and International Shipping off, unless a bid has already been received
        Click image for larger version

Name:	gsp swicth off.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	99010

Comment

You can also use the description: Sales in the USA only. Have you tried that, Osi? Otherwise I am not sure.

Comment

Not sure about the bidding, but previously on Ebay it was accepted that you were shopping in your own country, unless you went into your personal details section and registered otherwise, but for sometime now they seem to assume you're bidding worldwide, and if I press 'UK only' on the actual bidding page it reverts back after a short time.
            I've read other users complaints on that but even the latest reboot on the site hasn't changed things.
            Perhaps I'm being unreasonable, but mailing charges are high from abroad, so I prefer to shop locally.

Comment

Osi,

If you go to the active auction page for your item, try clicking on "Revise Listing". Then scroll down to the shipping section. Under "International Shipping" there should be a box with the heading "Excluded locations (optional)​". Once you click on that you should see this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	International Exclusion.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	99023
              Ignore the "Domestic" part and check all the International boxes.

Comment

Thanks Doug, that certainly helps

Comment

Doug, is this excluded shipping box or link off to the right or left? I ask as I have an international shipping section, but no box beyond a "learn more" link, which is just an advert stating why international shipping is so wonderful. (?!?)

Comment

Osi,

On my page there's the "International Shipping" title (with the "Learn More" link). Directly underneath that is "Preferences". Under that is the "Excluded Locations" box on the left. Under that is "Promoted Listings".

Comment

I think that there must be more or less abilities to accounts, depending on the account. While I have "preferences", and I clicked on it, it doesn't have " excluded locations " on mine anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X