• Show
Clear All

• E Thatcher Film Collector

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2947.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	99486 A Rose Bud mystery question.

When buying super 8 you invariably come across collections from past and present collectors.

A person in question is E Thatcher who has a number of virtues and one annoying habit.

I have deduced from coming across titles that he is UK based, presumably male from from his titles I would suspect a much older collector in age than me. Either he has downsized his collection or moved onto the next projection box in the sky.

His collection seems to have been either a house clearance via eBay but confusingly I got some titles from other collectors and dealers.

His virtues or habits are:-

He is Very fastidious and careful with his films.

Every film has been cleaned with some kind of film cleaner.

No dirt or residue ever present.

Each reel has a white leader spliced in front with curiously the leader tip hand trimmed.

Each reel is held with a plastic film clip.

He is. Non smoker no Woodbine cigarette smells here.

The boxes themselves are always in the original colour boxes and either in pristine or very good to excellent order.

Prints are in great order few if any with any fade or wear donโ€™t know how he managed that but I have never noticed any later Derann titles.

I recently bought some Waltons 1st generation prints with the older โ€œredโ€ edging which were for all accounts brand new. I had to examine to see if they were reprints. Even the cardboard opening looked untouched. So either he never watched the films much or was very careful.

Now we come to his one and only vice. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ He signs the back of every box (neat writer) E Thatcher.

Same position on every box top left hand corner same size of signature.. I have noticed he signed in the middle of a Mountain box but Tom & Jerrys or Disneys are identical.

Well does anyone know who E Thatcher is? Hopefully not a relative of Margaret. Maybe they stole Ted Heathโ€™s film collection from Downing Street.

Anybody else encounter E Thatcher films in their hunts?

Now everyone is going to be looking for anything sold by E. Thatcher. A anal-retentive film collector is the best source of used films for obvious reasons. However, they are not necessarily the best person to share other hobbies with.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Comment

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Yes, Ed could become the new โ€œBanksyโ€ of the Film Collecting Universe.

Comment

Working...
      X