Bought from this seller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought from this seller?

There's a seller, with the name "riffraf_60", that constantly has screenshots with prints that at least appear faded to hell, but he states "nice color", so, has anybody bought from him and bought good color prints, and it's just a case of bad screenshots?

No I have not. I would call this one a "red flag" ... no pun intended of course!

Comment

It’s hard to tell. It could be a technical problem (see below), a seller with color-blindness or one of those eBay-sellers that are simply lying. (eBay Germany is full of „great condition“ films that belong to be dumped into the trash as all the color is gone.)

When using my Yelco, the images appear more reddish than when projected with my Bauer. (I suspect that I should replace the Yelco‘s bulb.)
      On both projectors, the light in the „energy save mode“ is also more yellowish than in „full brightness“ mode.
      On top of this, when taking shots with my smartphone/digital camera, the results are more reddish as on the screen (unless I remember to deactivate the AWB and to select the correct mode before taking the shot).

Nevertheless, when the sky doesn’t look blue on the photos on eBay, then you can expect that the print is made on Kodak’s „red edition“ filmstocks and already started to turn reddish. (Blue seems to be the first color that is replaced by red.)

Comment

I found some of the seller’s eBay auctions. I would not buy from him as all the screenshots look like B&W films projected through a red filter - despite the „vibrant colors“ in the description. (Okay, some have some yellow or green left - but the effects can only be explained by the prints turning red and not with technical problems when making the screenshot.)

Comment

Working...
        X