• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer beware notice possible scam

BUYER BEWARE NOTICE

SELLER INITIALS: GZ

SELLER’S FRIEND PROMOTER: CJ

First let me be clear that I have lost no money. As the deal was being arranged I was asking questions that had been partially answered or not answered at all which raised a red flag for me.

First I got a message from CJ saying that his friend GZ had a part I was looking for. An email was provided and I wrote to GZ. He replied in a somewhat positive way at first and I continued to exchange emails to negotiate and seal the deal.

GZ offered to mail the package before payment was received to speed up the process. I agreed to that providing he understood the payment would not be until the first of the month. Both of us seemed to be OK with this. I was indeed prepared to follow through with that arrangement.

After several days, there was no indication that the package had been sent. I asked for confirmation and a tracking number. I received an email that said “yes” but did not provide the tracking number.

This went on for several more days the answers either incomplete or more excuses on why it was being delayed This morning I made the decision and I wrote to cancel. It just seems too good to be true and I’m afraid had I paid the part would have never shown up. I will admit however, I could be wrong about that.

I am only including the initials because I don’t know if it’s proper or allowed to list the actual names. Buyer beware if they should contact you as well.

Once again no money was paid so I am disappointed but also I am good.

Chip Gelmini

Chip,

You are absolutely right. The person sending these private messages was registered as "Charles Johnson". The name he gave for his "friend" is George. I'll be starting a new topic to warn members about this scammer.

Thank you for sounding the alarm!

Comment

Perhaps you can bump it to the top? Atleast for awhile?

Comment

I find that people ignore stickys, which is the only way of keeping a thread on top. What I can do is have it featured. You'll notice that the topic is highlighted.

Comment

Working...
        X