Where is Jean-Marc Toussaint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Jean-Marc Toussaint?

In the time of old 8mm forum, a member by the name of Jean-Marc Toussaint was very active and helpfull. Suddenly I remembered him when I was asking for help from French members in the 16mm forum and found out he was registered on this forum but with 0 posts.

So anyone know his current status? is he OK?

Calling Jean-Marc Toussaint if you can hear.. please shout!!​

cheers,
    winbert

Jean-Marc designed the CineSea logo and we keep in touch every so often. He kindly did a special version for our 25th show. Our most recent communication was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
      Jean-Marc designed the CineSea logo and we keep in touch every so often. He kindly did a special version for our 25th show. Our most recent communication was last year.
      Thanks Doug for the update. I wish he can continue giving contribution in this forum as I am always interested with French 8mm releases (which mostly printed on AGFA stock AFAIK).

cheers,
      winbert

Comment

Bonjour Winbert (and hello, Doug), I'm still here. Still collecting 8, 16 and 35mm, although I have trimmed down the collection.

Comment

Bonjour Jean-Marc, I still remember your visit to Orlando when Betty and I had dinner with you at the Steak & Ale restaurant on International Drive. It was great to meet you then, and you were kind enough later to sell me a great S8 print of The Snowman, which still has beautiful color and stereo sound and is one of my cherished prints. All the Best from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Marc Toussaint View Post
            Bonjour Winbert (and hello, Doug), I'm still here. Still collecting 8, 16 and 35mm, although I have trimmed down the collection.
            Happy to read you're still collecting films!
            Last edited by Dominique De Bast; April 29, 2024, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Hi JM, nice to hear you again here... my 2 sons are now studying in France (Paris and Normandy). We may meet one day.. :-)

Comment

Hi all,

How nice to read your messages and reconnect with friendly and familiar names from all over the world.
                Health issues, change of career and spending now part of my time in the South of France have kept me away from the film collecting circles.

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
                Bonjour Jean-Marc, I still remember your visit to Orlando when Betty and I had dinner with you at the Steak & Ale restaurant on International Drive. It was great to meet you then, and you were kind enough later to sell me a great S8 print of The Snowman, which still has beautiful color and stereo sound and is one of my cherished prints. All the Best from us.
                Hey Paul, ah, those were the days when I was able to travel frequently to the USA for business. The paradox now is that I’m working full time for a US company and travel everywhere BUT the US… Oh well…
                We had a short family vacation a few years ago and we stopped in Orlando to show the parks to our daughter. Hard to believe that the young lady is turning 18, just directed her first short film and is entering film school in a few months time. Glad you’re still enjoying that beautiful print of The Snowman. All the best to Betty and you.

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
                Happy to read you're still collecting films!
                Let’s be honest, the cancelation of « Les Cinglés du Cinéma » was a big bummer as this was a wonderful opportunity for a lot of us to get together. But I still cherish the few prints I have decided to keep and organize occasionally projections at home.

Originally posted by Winbert Hutahaean View Post
                Hi JM, nice to hear you again here... my 2 sons are now studying in France (Paris and Normandy). We may meet one day.. :-)
                That would be lovely.​
                And, by the way, either "porte objectif scope" or "support objectif scope" are fine translations

Comment

Let’s be honest, the cancelation of « Les Cinglés du Cinéma » was a big bummer as this was a wonderful opportunity for a lot of us to get together.
                  It's a tragedy. I heard recently, and by chance, that someone is trying to replace "Argenteuil" by "Vincennes" (close to Paris, for those who don't know that place). Seems that there has been an edition last year, but with almost no advertisements. Keep your fingers crossed 😉

Comment

Good to see you posting again, Jean. I hope that you will be able to check back in again soon, we all miss you. Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                    X