• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most unlikely ones

I start with this find : Eiki Xenon 16mm projector - YouTube

Very very nice!!

Comment

Hi Dominique,

I have this one but with 3600 feets arm. It's a really nice projector.

Comment

Look at this xenon super8 projector, i have seen it at one super8 collectionner. The alimentation for the xenon is very impressive.
        Attached Files

Comment

I love this super 8 xenon projector, Pierre. The 16 mm in the video is inedeed nice, what is unlikely is the screening room

Comment

HELP ! film 16mm , senter satu - YouTube

Comment

There is a part 2 ! Film 16mm senter satu, part 2 - YouTube

Comment

Ah, I love a horror film with a happy ending!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Koeling View Post
                  Ah, I love a horror film with a happy ending!
                  I didn't want to spoil 😜 Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

Just when you thought you knew every way to do a changeover!

(-no wonder former library prints show up looking the way they do!)

Comment

It's like planes refueling in mid-air!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
                        Both videos are from my home country, Indonesia. We still have a tradition to project 16mm and 35mm films in open air to date. "Senter Satu" as per title is the term for projecting a full length film with only one projector (senter = light beam = projector and satu = one). So in this situation there is no reel changeover but instead they cut and paste the film in the middle of the show.. They need to do that quick and using normal sellotape (unperforated). No wonder there will be picture jump between the join as you can see on the video.

I believe this style also used in Thailand as I found many Thai projectionists doing the same.

Comment

Thanks a lot for those additional informations, Winbert.

Comment

I remember when I was a little kid, we and a bunch of our friends stayed at a campground one weekend. They were showing an Elvis Presley feature up in the rec. hall on a single 16mm machine, almost like these guys were doing. What was different was they stopped between reels and moved the old supply reel back to become the new take-up reel. -so every 20 minutes we got a one or two minute intermission. I found the machine and method even more interesting than what was on screen.

I'm guessing I'm the only former little kid in the room that night that noticed any of this, let alone remembers it half a century later!

Comment

Sooner or later we are going to have a old hands thread on this beloved forum. I bet Doug is thinking of it even yet.

I remember the day I left regular school to start at a London Stage School. The art teacher had just started a film class with a Eumig camera and projector teaching animation.
                              50 years ago did I make the right choice? Oh that Eumig!
                              Then they had a open day showing the cartoons they had made previously spooled up on 400ft reels. I was glued to the little Eumig and the fascination of threading film.
                              Bit of a job done....

Comment

Working...
                              X