No announcement yet.

Paul Adsett's Home Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that sound system, Paul. Good job!

Comment

A excellent job paul . thats what a home cinema should look like. keep up the good work. Leon.

Comment

Here are some pics of my system set up for Super 8mm projection. The equipment is all mounted on a very nice roll-away microwave stand which is positioned just outside the screening room in the hallway. This has the advantage of significantly reducing projector noise for the audience sitting in the cinema. The whole system is pre-connected up so it only has to be plugged in to the wall socket for power. The GS1200 is connected up to the DIY external DC power supply which powers the 250 w ELC lamp. The audio output from the GS1200 is connected to the input of the Yamaha 10 band stereo equalizer, which is tuned to attenuate low frequency hum and high frequency hiss, and to boost up the mid range frequencies a little bit. This output then goes to the little pre-amp which has mono and stereo switching and some additional base and treble adjustments. Finally the output of the pre amp is connected to the input of the Yamaha RX-383 AVR located inside the screening room. There is also a connection to a Bluetooth transmitter which is paired to bluetooth headphones for private listening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755 (2).jpg
Views:	319
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	89143 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0756 (2).jpg
Views:	306
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	89144

Comment

Why have you take one Speaker out of your GS 1200 Paul?

Comment

I've actually removed both speakers Thomas, the reasons being to 1. Reduce the weight of the projector as I never use the internal speakers anyway, and 2. improve cooling circulation to the interior electronics of the projector by opening up the grills and internal spaces previously blocked by the speakers.
            Any suggestions for reducing lamphouse temperature with the 250w ELC lamp?

Comment

Excellent work there Paul . I also like the way in which you can read off the lamp hours usage on that lamp conversion unit you have built .

Comment

Hi Paul, great setup! My GS1200 is pretty quiet while running. I’m wondering if your projector sound is noticeably louder without the internal speakers?

Comment

Hi Joe, no i do not think the projector sounds any louder with both speakers removed. The dominant noise appears to be the existing rushing of air out of the top side of the lamphouse from the projectors own internal fan, which is not affected by speaker removal.

Comment

Hi Paul!
                    This is amazing, what you have done there with your new Power Supply.
                    I see that you have the same Conector in use like me on the top of the machine.

Comment

Thanks Thomas! I love running the GS from the external power supply and getting that real boost in screen brightness, and at the same time removing all that electrical and thermal load from the projectors transformer, And yes , that is the same Speakon connector that you use. I had never seen one of them until I saw your photos that you posted a couple of years ago, and I did some research and found out what they were for and why you had used it. A really great quick connector design capable of carrying a high current.

Comment

Working...
                      X