Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	55657

-After:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	after_IMG_3899.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	55658

Nice! Covering up cable spaghetti is always a good thing.

Comment

"sweep under the carpet" in the real sense....

Comment

Bravo!

clean lines.. - swish and "with it" in a modern sense and an "olde worlde" antique twist. (projection table)

Love-it!

I love my Epson

Comment

That reminds me Steve of long ago being asked to put on away film shows, I did a few with the ST1200. I always looked for a close by to the projector stand, a strong table leg or something very heavy, a piano leg was a good one to tie the two extension speaker cables to. Although I took great care to place the cables so no one could trip over it, but in saying that it was my insurance policy. Its better if we Jonny goes flying than my projector and stand...ah! those were the days

Comment

A lot of it actually is about safety. These stay set up for respectable periods of time and they have to be made easier to live with. For example, my 16mm machine usually lives on one of those aluminum projection tables with the telescoping legs and it may just be possible my wife broke a toe one one of them a few months ago. At work, I'd say it was her fault, because we require closed shoes in the workplace, but there is no disputing the woman has a right to be barefoot in her own house! (I relocated the machine, and broken or not, the toe healed!)

By the same token, having black wires snaking across the floor is just asking to snag a passing ankle! -at least at this rate they are held flat to the floor and a large mark is there saying "There are wires here! -step OVER!"

-it's also part of an attempt to just make things more civilized. Until recently there was a shorter HDMI cable connecting the VP back to the cart with the film projectors and the audio mixer and the disc player. It ran right across the floor. I got a longer cable and ran it to the wall at both ends and then behind furniture: this radically cut back on the stretches across the floor and this rug basically finished the job.

Comment

The nights must just fly by . . .

Comment

Steve, you are now ready for your Risk Assessment to be carried out and completed.

Mike

Comment

Steve I have a Indian hand carved table my mum gave me glass topped a beautiful thing. Dont see teeny tables much now in homes. Like the rug under yours.

Comment

Thanks, Lee

That is actually the biggest of three tables that are supposed to sit nested until they are needed: all three have permanent jobs now and haven't had a reunion in years!

What's going on here is when my wife gave me the VP, I put it where I always put a third projector: in front of the standard two, right in the middle. This is when I learned that these are meant to sit a lot closer to the screen than an 8 or 16mm machine and I had to move it far forward, and keep it low so the film projectors can send their beams over the top.

I suppose I could do a permanent installation on the ceiling, but I like to keep things a little more flexible than that.

Comment

Working...
                    X