Attic Office/Screening Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attic Office/Screening Room

We are finally settling into our new home. This is my office that I work from home out of. It also doubles as my film storage and screening space. We have a large screen that we set up in the living room, but this space allows me to quickly review and repair/clean prints that come in the mail. Sometimes more film screening gets done than REAL work 😅

Attached is a picture of one of my new film shelves. New to me that is... I was investigating the crawl space under our house and found this shelf. I took it outside, cleaned it up, and it is now storage for 16mm prints and some projectors.

The projector on the attached video was rescued from the Hatboro library. I asked around for a projector at some libraries in the county and Hatboro reached out. Cleaned it up and it runs great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJM1HUm-w-w -- Video Showing projector and new space.
    Attached Files

Greg,

Very nice. The Eiki looks pretty happy to have been rescued and put to good use!

Comment

Thanks, Doug. It runs pretty quiet for the most part as well which is nice. I've been wanting a slot load for some time, so I really lucked out.

Comment

Greg....A nice little cozy space for personal film viewing! A corner area is perfect. Put the projector on a small table and hang some poster or foam-core board on the wall to use as a small screen. I have a similar setup and find it a great and simple way to view and do maintenance on our films and projectors. ENJOY!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Corner Viewing Setup.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	70437
        Last edited by Janice Glesser; December 09, 2022, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Most of my films are viewed in my media work space which I find relaxing after a day video editing 40 odd years on. Clients always notice the Elmo and Eumig projectors usually setup and I wind up projecting a film or three.
          A cozy projection spot is a great idea and has worked well in my self employed work space.

This could be the start of a great thread....

Comment

Working...
          X