Sad but committed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad but committed

So in my old condo I had a wall mounted 6 foot screen and a perfect counter bar in my kitchen to place the projector...Unfortunately in my current condo it has a weird layout that has almost no space for projection so I have to do and store everything in a small nook right when you enter. I currently use a white window shade as my screen, and place whatever projector I'm using on my desk where I pay my bills, use the computer, etc. I have my rewind mounted on top of an old dresser where I also have a victrola and a 17.5mm Pathe Rural that I am restoring. Thankfully I run a film archive so I store my films there and just bring home what I might want to watch....The pillow and torn boxes on the floor are for my dog who hates when I watch films cuz it interferes with playing with her.

The point for me in sharing this is simply to show that even when you don't have the space for watching films you can figure something out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240308_205253.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	97480

Dino,

Nice! Whatever works is great. I also have to keep setting up and breaking down the projection gear. I take over the living room when guests come over, but otherwise use a 20x30 foam board as a screen in my home office. It's also nice to see the Sex Pistols Live '76 set. I don't know why I went for the CD version over the vinyl...

I think your dog and Janice's Buster have something in common.

Comment

We all have to start somewhere. Plus - we all have to do what we can to keep the hobby alive. So I think you're in a good spot just for that. As an alternative: Do you have another place to put the book cases and albums? You could take advantage of the zoom lens and that white wall if you do.....

CG

Comment

Originally posted by Dino Everett View Post
        ....The pillow and torn boxes on the floor are for my dog who hates when I watch films cuz it interferes with playing with her.

The point for me in sharing this is simply to show that even when you don't have the space for watching films you can figure something out.
        Dino you are so right. Your setup looks perfect to me. When I moved to SoCal we had a house picked out, but one of my requirements was I had to have an area to screen my films. My son suggested I just project to the front room wall and that's what I've been doing ever since I moved in.

As Doug has pointed out...our pets have similar behavior when watching films. I think they just want our undivided attention 24/7. I don't think my cat like's TV either, he always disappears into another room when the TV's on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Gelmini View Post
          We all have to start somewhere. Plus - we all have to do what we can to keep the hobby alive. So I think you're in a good spot just for that. As an alternative: Do you have another place to put the book cases and albums? You could take advantage of the zoom lens and that white wall if you do.....

CG
          CHIP - No, this is what my wife gives me for ALL of my stuff so it is here or nowhere, haha......

Comment

Working...
          X