8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Disneys 5 stories highlight on 400"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disneys 5 stories highlight on 400"
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 02, 2006 08:30 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I showed my Disneys digest which higlight of 5 stories to my nephew, there was a good response from him, while I was not so busy with changing the reels because 5 stories had been compiled in one 400" reel.

I noticed too that eventhough the 5 stories were packed in total 16 minutes show but they were very well edited.

This is the list that already in my collection:

-

I already knew that the below titles should be also available:

9. Mickey first 50 years Anniversary

-

-

With additional information from Osi (posted Feb 11th, 2007) I should add this picture:

-

So anybody know if there are another reels apart from the above titles.

Thanks,

[ February 11, 2007, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 09:26 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also 'Goofy's Golden Gags Vol 2'
'A Walt Disney Christmas' featured 'Toy Tinkers' 'Santa's Workshop' 'The Night Before Christmas' and 'Pluto's Christmas Tree'
The Christmas release was a firm favourite with my children when they were young.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 11:22 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You also had Disney cartoon classics on a 400ft reel showing very well edited versions of........

The three little pigs
The Grasshopper & the Ants
Three little Wolves
The Pied Piper
Old King Cole.

If you get the chance of obtaining one of these it is well worth it & kids love them.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 02, 2006 11:39 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mel and Craig,

anymore reels?

--------------------
Winbert

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 20, 2006 01:45 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to update.

I found this picture:

-

Can I add this also to my list above?

or this title is basically the same with No. 8 (Mickey 50 years Anniversary) above which come in Red cover (or sometime Silver or Gold)?

If it is different so what is the contain inside?

thanks,

[ October 10, 2006, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2006 08:04 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert,
it is indeed the same film but not as released in the special limited edition packaging.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 10, 2006 12:14 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Updated with pictures.

Looking some more pictures.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2006 12:19 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do not forget "Once Upon A Mouse" - this is a 600 footer running nearly 30 minutes. Some prints are marked as stereo but I think most are mono. I do have this print, it's filled with clips. Sorry I don't have any artwork to post here.

cg

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2006 01:56 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ran for the kids (OK this big kid too!) Goofy's Golden Gags Vol 1 last night. Colour is still good. The receipt in the box says bought 27 Dec 1978.

I love the 200ft Disney cartoons, especially classics like The Old Mill and Mickeys Trailer, but these are great value and as Winbert says, you don't have get up and rethread or splice them together.

I remember Mickeys First 50 Years well, often spying it in shopfronts with that silver cover..... and not being able to afford it. The Disney 400 footers were several dollars more expensive here than other studios in the late 1970's/early 1980's. From memory they were AUS$66.00 and the others (Columbia, Ken, MGM, etc) were all AUS$59.00 for colour sound.

David

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 11, 2006 12:01 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, regarding "Once Upon A Mouse", is this also highlight from some stories??
how many stories are there? and who released it?

I never heard about the 600 footers Disney, unless this was released after the 8mm heyday (1980s- up)

BTW, Pictures are now compleat!!

Did I still miss other reels?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 11, 2006 06:51 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The 600ft series are distributed by Derann and are featurettes released uncut.
Once Upon a Mouse is probably one of the best and has superb sound and picture quality. It gives a potted history of Mickey Mouse with plenty of clips from his films a bit like the 400ft First 50 Yrs release but with much better quality.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2006 07:31 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can also recommend "Micky's Chrismtmas Carol". This has got to be one of the best films in my collection. The picture quality is awesome. Derann 600 footer

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2006 11:18 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One other interesting question. Have Disney ever thought about making a "That's Disney" style of film. They could show clips from every major Disney film, introduced by various animators and family like Roy Disney. There could even be archive clips of Walt himself. There is so much in the Disney archive that they could easily put together a 2 hour movie with songs, 5 min cartoons, feature clips, behind the scenes etc. It would certaintly be more enjoyable than the endless stream of computer animation you see nowadays.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 13, 2006 04:52 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry folks, I didn't add those Derann releases since it will be different in print quality, art works style cover, and price too.

But, I just found this from Barry's (Independent 8) list. "Goofy over sports".

Can I add this to my list above ?

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 09, 2007 03:18 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to up an old post, just to re-ask again, is "Goofy over sports" kind a 400" compilation too?.

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 10, 2007 07:48 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Winbert,

Goofy over Sports was a 400ft. release. My copy is starting to fade, (bad Eastman) but it still has most of it's colour. A good collection. The interesting thing about it, is that, though it has 5 different films in it, (I think that one of them only runs about a two minute clip), it has nearly the full length version of "Olympic Goofy" (or whatever the title was)

Also, included is a short clip from the classic "How to Ski", very funny, but I edited that one out and just added the whole original "How to Ski" cartoon, which makes it a completely full 21 minute reel!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 11, 2007 09:52 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi,

If have updated the aboev list.

If someone can post the Winnie the Pooh's compilation, I would appreciate it and will be added to the above list.

Picture can be sent to winbert (at) hotmail . com

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC