8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Santorini (Greece) Super 8mm Film Festival

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Santorini (Greece) Super 8mm Film Festival
Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2009 12:41 PM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The second annual Festival Détours is in the works for this July 10th, 11th, and 12th. The Super 8 Film Fest will be held in the village of Oia on the island of Santorini, GREECE just like last year..

http://www.festivaldetours.org/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10871739415 (for Facebook members)

The films will be projected on Santorini's white walls and, and if we can swing it, accompanied by improvised music by local musicians (like last year!)

Just imagine.... Black rocks of the volcano around, white Greek village houses, and Super 8mm films projecting on the white house walls. All these after the most beautiful sunset in the world.

Some last years pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020646&id=1300698462&l=ac6879a246 (No need to be a Facebook member to see the photos).

Enjoy

|  IP: Logged

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2009 01:19 PM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This takes me right back [Smile]

Some of the first shaky [Embarrassed] Standard 8mm film I ever shot was in the early 70's during an 'educational cruise' to the Mediterranean which stopped at Santorini along the way!

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 06:29 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....obviously you won't put those shaky movies up for grabs at eBay, will you, Ricky [Wink]

--------------------
Yannis

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 02:56 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis, Apparently handheld is very 'in vouge' now, so I must have been ahead of my time [Razz]

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 05:09 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....so true; you may even want to upload them on YouTube so that the junior film makers have a lesson on how to give their movies an 'old amateur flavour'........... [Cool]

--------------------
Yannis

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2009 05:42 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis, Me on YouTube with a mullet haircut... no way! [Eek!]

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2009 05:23 PM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And here are the first photos of the festival. Enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/santorini-super8-film-festival/
In a lot of photos the photographer is Michaël A. Vlavianos. He is a semi-professional artistic photographer and he lives is Santorini in summer and in Athens in winter. In 2010 I am gone be his best man (koumparos).
By the way his girlfriend (koumpara) has also upload some photos of her own in her Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=97009&id=586432682&ref=mf
It was very kind of them to shoot those photos. They both work in Santorini in hotels and it was a little bit difficult for them to go in Oia. I told them about the festival and they manage to go for a least one night (20 July).
WE ALL THANK THEM VERY MUCH!

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2009 05:19 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The magic of film showing combined with the picturesque landscapes of Santorini by night....marvellous! Wish I was there [Frown]

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC