8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » looking for Eumig 610d service manual (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: looking for Eumig 610d service manual
Geoff Rogers
Junior

- posted February 28, 2012 02:10 PM      Profile for Geoff Rogers   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Rogers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone obtain a copy of the service manual for the Eumig Mark 610d. Would appreciate a copy if one's available.

Thanks

Geoff

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 29, 2012 11:22 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find I'm in need of the Eumig 610D Service manual too. Could you Jon or anyone else who has this manual email me a copy...I would be very greatful.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 30, 2012 04:14 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bumpity...Bump :-)

--------------------
Janice

Thor Simpson
Junior

- posted January 07, 2013 02:33 PM      Profile for Thor Simpson   Email Thor Simpson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jon for the User Manual

Do you or any one else have the Eumig 610D Service/Repair Manual.

Its about 64 pages.

Thanks in advance

Thor

[ January 07, 2013, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Thor Simpson ]

Mieko Nilsson
Junior

- posted July 03, 2013 05:55 PM      Profile for Mieko Nilsson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 610d has problems when fast reversing.....

If someone still have the service manual, that would be great, I'm thinking something needs lubrication.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 03, 2013 06:18 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mieko, I have it...PM me with your email address.

--------------------
Janice

Kevin Corcoran
Junior

- posted November 19, 2014 01:45 PM      Profile for Kevin Corcoran   Email Kevin Corcoran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! Like others I've been searching for an Eumig 610D projector Service Manual and ended up at this thread. Can anyone point me to one? Thanks!

Francesco Di Stefano
Junior

- posted March 06, 2015 03:04 AM      Profile for Francesco Di Stefano   Email Francesco Di Stefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,can I have service manual for Eumig mark 610D? I've try to search this on web but is very difficult to find it. Sorry for my English. My mail is: fds290 at gmail dot com
Thanks you so much

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 06, 2015 11:42 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Francesco ... I emailed you the service manual. Good luck on your repairs.

--------------------
Janice

Jeff Popper
Junior

- posted May 27, 2015 06:04 PM      Profile for Jeff Popper   Email Jeff Popper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there.

I would also love a copy of the service manual, as have made a bit of a mess converting one of my 2 mark610d projectors to a telecine machine. :-)

(Incidentally, I am/was getting really good results using the projector with shutter blades removed, running at 3fps and using the GetDups plugin for AVIsynth in Virtualdub to get the individual 18 frames per second back. I'd used an LED light and a cut up piece of white chopping board plastic to provide the filtered light, and have attached as standard DSLR Nikon lens to the front of the projector instead of its standard lens. This focussed the image directly on the sensor of the Nikon DSLR with lens removed.)

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 27, 2015 08:35 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM me your email address Jeff.

--------------------
Janice

Jeff Popper
Junior

- posted May 30, 2015 09:23 AM      Profile for Jeff Popper   Email Jeff Popper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice. After taking a read , I realized I'd made too big a mess of the projector so jumped on ebay and purchased another one! Only $20 and this one is in absolutely as new condition inside and out.

Now to dremel out the shutter blade and I will be good to go with a far better telecine machine. ;-)

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 30, 2015 09:52 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Jeff! Once you get your new telecine setup going. Please post some details and perhaps a video of a transfer. It's always helpful to see how others are doing successful telecine. I'm always interested [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Jeff Popper
Junior

- posted May 31, 2015 06:43 AM      Profile for Jeff Popper   Email Jeff Popper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do. Did not make it to my friends with the dremel this weekend but have othereise set up the projector. I don't think videos can be uploaded to this forum can they? Would I need to set up a youtube account and post a link?

Serhiy Pankiv
Junior

- posted November 04, 2015 12:06 PM      Profile for Serhiy Pankiv   Email Serhiy Pankiv   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I just recently acquired Eumig 610d and also am looking for the service manual for this projector. Would like to modify it for the same set up as Jeff (remove shutter blades, shoot video with DSLR/macro lens at 3fps, select frames with GetDups).

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 04, 2015 01:20 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Serhiy ... PM me your email address. I'll send you a copy of the Repair Manual.

--------------------
Janice

Serhiy Pankiv
Junior

- posted November 05, 2015 01:18 PM      Profile for Serhiy Pankiv   Email Serhiy Pankiv   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice. My email is serhiyp at hotmail dot com. Thank you!

Erwin Seppelfeld
Junior

- posted February 14, 2016 06:25 AM      Profile for Erwin Seppelfeld   Email Erwin Seppelfeld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all!
I fear I'm late, but hopefully not too late! But I just found this forum right now!
I'm going to get a Bolex 18-3 Duo and, as I've heard, it is very similar to the Eumig Mark 610D. At least I hope I will get some hints for cleaning or repairing it. So I would like to have the service- and repair manual too!
If I got it right, Janice is always so kind and will send it (I will leave my email address to her).
Primary I want to check my old N8 and S8 films coz my old projector (brand Ricoh) didn't work any longer.
But the longer I read here and in others places the more I could imagine to experiment with telecine. Unfortunately I read here (especially in posts of Janice) the it should be a projector with variable speed.
As far as I can see 4 problems have to be solved:
1. Controling the motor speed
2. Syncronizing the motor to the cam and
3. a light source variable and with low heat emission.
4. optical adaption of cam to film plane
I already saw many solutions with different quality and costs.Some with an excellent description others with emphasis more on results only.
If anyone has 'hard' data about one of these 4 points or at least a link to those data, I would be glad to get it.
'Hard data' means to me either some construction details (mechanically) or schematics, or even a program.

Thanks in advance!

[ February 14, 2016, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Erwin Seppelfeld ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 14, 2016 09:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and welcome to the forum Erwin! Its never too late to talk film or equipment here BTW [Wink] )

As for your projector, as it most resembles a Eumig model, no doubt Janice is best qualified to tell you how to get the very best results from it using it for telecine transfer purposes.

I don't really get involved in any of that as I like actually using these projectors just to show films on.
What I can say though, is technically a projector that offers 25fps facility and has a two bladed shutter, here in the UK where we use the PAL system,this gives the very best results obtainable for this type of work.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 14, 2016 12:35 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Erwin! I have emailed you a copy of the repair manual. As far as DIY telecine using the 610D... I have not used this projector for transfers. However... I know with some modifications others have converted it to do frame-by-frame transfers and others have found a way to variably adjust the speed for realtime transfers.

There is no single road map (hard data) to converting projectors to do film transfers. A lot depends on accumulating knowledge from what others have done and applying that knowledge with your skills, equipment, and expectations.

Take a look at this thread which includes a video of John Yapps method. I think it's pretty effective and doesn't require a lot of engineering [Smile]

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009763

Here's a detailed description of a realtime telecine conversion using a Eumig Mark 8. It may be of some help in designing your own system.

http://www.cine2digits.co.uk/

Here's a frame-by-frame conversion:

http://oysteineliassen.blogspot.com/2012/09/diy-synced-telecine-with-eumig-mark.html

Here a video using a Eumig 607D for frame by frame capture:

https://youtu.be/pZ-2AjhcA1s?list=PL_iVHd8ghhT6HSPxAKn-6cmy80s6SxTBs

--------------------
Janice

Jeff Popper
Junior

- posted February 14, 2016 07:50 PM      Profile for Jeff Popper   Email Jeff Popper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Irwin,

The method I used for Telecine with a Eumig 610d was as follows:

1. used a dremel to remove the 3 shutter blades in the projector
2. attached the standard lens from my nikon d3100 to the front of the projector (by cutting a hole in a plastic rear lens cap, glueing that onto the front of the projector where a small lens typically sits
3. replacing the bulb with an MR16 LED light so it doesnt get hot , and putting a piece of a white chopping board in front of the globe to difuse the light
4. projecting directly onto the exposed DSLR sensor (projector--> DSLR lens stuck on the front of projector-->DSLR sensor about 5cm away) running at 6FPS
5. recorded output fed into VirtualDub using the GetDups plug-in for AVISynth to extract the unique 18 frames per second, with the transition frames discarded by the software.

Similar to Janice's links except for step 5. No need for a sync pulse to distinguish frames if you use the GetDups plugin.

results are quite good, but I have found that alot of the family films we have were quite poorly focussed when originally shot, which makes it hard to get a super sharp image.

regards,

Jeff

Ivo Krepelka
Junior

- posted March 28, 2019 08:00 AM      Profile for Ivo Krepelka   Email Ivo Krepelka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I am looking for Eumig Mark 610D workshop/service manual (I do have a user manual...). I want to modify the projector for the film digitizing and I thought that it would be a good thing to first dismount everything and clean and that dismounting and reassembly will be easier with the service manual... (No need to take so many photos and notes.... [Smile] ). I would appreciate if you could put a .pdf somewhere (dropbox etc....) and email me a link.

Many thanks,
Best regards,
Ivo

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 28, 2019 09:54 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Evo! As I mentioned above...I have the manual. Please PM me stating the manual you are requesting along with your email address.

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC