8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "She-Demons" feature in 8mm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "She-Demons" feature in 8mm?
Jeff Missinne
Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2012 09:41 PM      Profile for Jeff Missinne   Email Jeff Missinne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some foggy memories (what else at my age?) of Entertainment Films offering regular 8mm magnetic sound complete feature prints of She-Demons, Frankenstein's Daughter, and Missile To The Moon back in the mid-late 1960's, though no longer have any old EF brochures to back them up.

All these beloved drive-in clunkers were released theatrically by Astor Pictures, and Entertainment had made a deal with Astor for the 8mm rights to L & H's The Flying Deuces (then still under copyright) so it would have made sense for them to have picked these up too. I do know Frankenstein's Daughter was released in a 200' 8mm silent cutdown re-titled "She-Monster Of The Night."

She-Demons, as you may know, starred Irish McCalla (TV's Sheena of the Jungle.) I've been trying to verify this 8mm info to pass along to a wonderfully obsessive Australian who is possibly the world's greatest Irish/Sheena fan. He's a fair dinkum bloke (Aussie for a mensch) and I'd like to be able to pass along this info to him. Thanks!

[Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2012 11:29 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff
I still have close to 100 Entertainment Films flyers that I can check after the 1st....

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2012 09:31 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeff, I definitely remember being surprised to see a super 8mm B&W sound feature print of SHE DEMONS on eBay several years ago....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2012 10:53 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an 800' sound mini-feature of Frankenstein's Daughter from Entertainment Films... but I have never seen a full feature. I also know they released two 200' digests - the one you mentioned which was from the beginning of the film before the Monster is even created and a second one with the film's real title. If anyone knows of a full feature release please let us know 'cause I would love to have it!

Jeff Missinne
Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2012 03:09 PM      Profile for Jeff Missinne   Email Jeff Missinne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the interest! Looking forward to whatever info you guys can find.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC