8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 7 Pictures (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CineSea 7 Pictures
Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2013 01:39 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here we go. My camera started developing problems, so some shots had to be omitted, but still a decent spread.
You know the routine:
I will post up to the forum limit and then someone just add a post in response. I can then continue and we can have all the pics in one tread.

Gary Crawford and I arrived Friday mid-afternoon in Wildwood to beautiful sunshine, mellow temperatures and...this. A kite festival on the beach. Wildwood takes you by surprise every time:

-

With Shorty having come in as well, we took a nice afternoon stroll on the boardwalk, complete with fresh lemonade:

-

Then came setup, of course. We decided to build the big screen for the Saturday night showings in advance so we could just move it into place:

-

...and the party is on [Smile] Here, Shorty treats us to a great old tune while reviewing the fi...I am kidding, I am KIDDING! [Big Grin]

-

As always, the Franchettis brought loads of films, including one beauty we'll get to in a bit:

-

Doug's GS1200 Xenon was banging away all week-end:

-

That's it for this one. I'll wait for a response to continue.

Claus.

[ May 07, 2013, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Claus Harding ]

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 01, 2013 01:41 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A tune...how about 'Our Films Are Here To Stay' - Danke, Claus - More please

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2013 05:07 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the show underway, one person is always a centerpiece: the lovely Simone, desk clerk at the hotel. Her charm, salty wit and great stories just make you feel right at home.

When she has to tell other staff who called, the translation for Gary and myself are:
Gary: "The guy from Virginia"
Claus: "The guy with the accent" [Wink]

-

Fine old machines were well represented. How about a Bell and Howell with a tube audio amp? That thing could roar:

-

You know what they say: "Old projectors never die, they just need some oil" (Well, that's at least one version...):

-

Our friend Brian Hendel graced us with his presence this time, always great to meet more people from the forums:

-

The film talk flowed as ever:

-

And if you wanted a break, the sun and the beach awaited:

-

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2013 05:57 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics. Wish I could have been there. Will try in Fall.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 01, 2013 06:11 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice pictures Claus, (as always).

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2013 11:25 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about superimposing the names of those in the pictures? Its not always obvious who we are looking at! I only recognize some from their avatars on here.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 02, 2013 08:02 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't know me by now...

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 02, 2013 11:13 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a cue for a song......

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 02, 2013 09:10 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That does it. I have to get to Wildwood earlier on Friday next time. I missed out on the boardwalk!

Great pictures, Claus. Just to add a few more from my area:

-

Some prints from the Closet O' Film made the trip.

-
My "8mm Museum table". This time I brought The Winnie the Pooh Movie Theater, which was sold exclusively by Sears. Adjacent to that is a Winnie the Pooh Cine Exin Toy Projector. I wrote about that one here. The Sears product was compatible with....

-
The Fisher Price Action Viewer.

-
The Agfa Family Camera & Projector/Viewer. If only I had the attachment that allowed an instant picture to be made of any frame of film shown on the projector!

-
The John Black Memorial table. John always took the first table by the entrance.

-
I brought my Bauer 715XL and shot two rolls of 100D. We'll see how the footage turns out!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 03, 2013 12:28 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great [Smile]

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2013 03:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow claus looks like another terrific event again love the pics

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 03, 2013 05:54 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had my hands all over those boxes...ah, the joy - Shorty

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2013 06:45 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you lucky man

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 03, 2013 11:51 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't I though

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 03, 2013 12:22 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
All I can add is that I hope all you fella's came away with muscles
straining and veins fit to burst with the weight of films you'd
bought.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 03, 2013 12:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love seeing that old childrens movie viewer! There's some films in those stacks that I would have loved to have, (silent movie among them!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2013 01:29 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Osi, then you need to COME JOIN US! [Big Grin]

Claus.

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 03, 2013 02:19 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, October isn't that far off, AND you can bring some films to show/trade, whatever - The best parts are the dinners out and the evening showcase - Shorty

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 12:24 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: names. Next time I will try to get full names as I don't have everyone down yet.

Well, the Espresso Moment had to come. Tradition, you know [Wink]
John Capazzo went at it again, accompanying the brew with his great home-made cake:

-

-

-

Meanwhile Captain Blackhawk tore off his civilian clothes to fight for justice in the film world....

-

Jeffrey is not afraid of handling cores like this:

-

Remember I mentioned Lou Franchetti's "special" film?
It was a stupendous-looking 16mm copy of the 1951 version of "Show Boat." The colors were so incredible they almost looked psychedelic. My photo does no justice to the screened image, but anyway:

-

I'll stop here because although the forum says the picture limit is 8, I somehow run into "the wall" with 6 pics.

Someone just post back and I'll add some more.

Claus.

[ May 07, 2013, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Claus Harding ]

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 04, 2013 12:42 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Stuff, Claus!

What was kind of neat was I called to reserve my hotel room and the desk clerk asked "Are you coming for CineSea?".

-basically this is becoming an event there.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 04, 2013 12:49 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great photos, Claus.

Looks like a great weekend.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 01:04 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures lads [Smile] it looks like a great convention [Smile]

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 04:20 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The timeless joy of inspecting a reel:

-

Ah, big ol' bulbs...my own '38 Kodascope uses this one too:

-

We had a beautiful selection of posters for sale as well:

-

Doug brought this fun item. I call it the Airyflex...:

-

"I'm telling you, I have no idea where these futuristic things came from..":

-

Freshly-sealed Bonum reels in this year 2013...miracles still happen [Big Grin] :

-

Ok, I have a bit more, so someone please post and we'll get to the Saturday dinner :-)

Claus.

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 04:24 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics, Claus! [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 04, 2013 04:29 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas, was those films for sale? Still got any left if so? :-)

Always looking for new additions to the collection (around 400 now)

Nice pictures, makes me wish I was there

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC