8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Super8 Features would you pay for *new* if they were available next month? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What Super8 Features would you pay for *new* if they were available next month?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 23, 2013 12:40 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I am not sure what this mean?
"BTW since I prefer screening in double system mode, I don't need a striped print and surely this can save some cash."

Can you explain double system mode (do you mean two projectors?) and I thought the stripe was the sound and balance or am I totally off?

|  IP: Logged

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2013 12:44 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Double system - maybe projector system for image and some other system (like CD) for sound. I am guessing.

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2013 12:49 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes he probably has sound running from an external source.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2013 01:52 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie, how long do you think it will be before the first cash advances are made? I ask because that will be *the* sure sign of replicants arriving on Super 8.

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2013 04:46 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all, just an update. I got a message in the mail. The search for a 35mm print of Blade Runner is currently underway.

Nothing has been found yet but it's being hunted down by someone who is adept to locating such things [Wink]

Don't get your hopes up and hang on to your cash. One step at a time, we'll see what happens!

I'll post subsequent updates here.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BLADE RUNNER ,and HERCULES Steve Reeves version.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2013 03:10 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just screened the latest LONE RANGER movie here, a 600ft scope digest of that would be nice!

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2013 08:38 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, double system in this case means images are projected from film but sound comes from a digital source. The film is synced to the DS by means of a sync-quartzed projector whose speed is exactly 25 fps (like the actual running speed of any film on DVD if issued here in Europe). Of course before everything can be screened for the first time, the soundtrack must be prepeared in otder to match the S/8 print, in terms of start leader, number and length of rolls etc.

Ernie, do you think the "candidate" print to strike the master material from can be checked in order to assess its cleanliness and lack of splices? I wouldn't want to be too piky here, I understand a print older than 30 years cannot be expected to be free of some short scratches (especially at reels end), but nonetheless it must be in such a condition we will not regret the amount of money put into the printing - a good/very good 'compromise'. Also I'd rather have the S/8 printed with side black bars in order to preserve the full integrity of the scope image. Please let me/us know if I'm asking to much and thank you for you unvaluable efforts so far...

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC