8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New prints struck from Castle/U-8 negatives! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New prints struck from Castle/U-8 negatives!
Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2014 07:37 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221593107944?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Shows there's lots of interest in a great title.

Any word on the color negs?

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 07, 2014 08:15 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard anything new. I'll try to find out.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2014 08:23 PM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to get the 400' version of THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (not in 3D)

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 08, 2014 09:14 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Raymond there, a 400ft B/W, non 3D, of Creature from the Black Lagoon would be great. The content and editing of the 3D digest is excellent, but the anaglyphic 3D is IMO crap.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2014 09:41 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I own all these films mentioned plus another 100 or so making around 275 films plus. all boxed in new condition with sound and some very very rare titles I offered them to phil but need to make room ,if any one wants them I can bring them to blackpool I want £300 for the lot

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 09, 2014 02:45 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone on here read my Emergency castle thread?
If no one reads it and acts on it we will not be seeing any re prints.
This is for re release NOT new release. I think Phil is a little despondent at present as my mail to him is the only one he has received. (as far as I know)

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2014 04:56 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David are they all castle /u8 digests and are they 400ft

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 09, 2014 12:00 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I don't know what the best way to act is in cases like this. The list of titles is maybe too long to hope to find 12 or 13 people interested on each of them, especially in a short time. Maybe a "pre-order" system on CHC website would be easier than e-mails. If you know how many (or at least almost enough) people already ordered (and paid for) some titles, you may choose one of them instead of one that hasn't attracted any attention, yet (as you know that you may wait a longer time). Of course in a small market, there is no garantee of anything but who knows...

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2014 02:37 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all these films have now been sold tonight
unfortunate classic home cinema did not buy them

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 09, 2014 02:40 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear.I wonder who has them?

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2014 09:26 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I've never understood -- why is it that all this stuff has to be gleaned through osmosis? That is, CHC complains that collectors never indicate what they want, but CHC then doesn't provide any channel(s) for collectors to actually communicate what they want to CHC. Weird.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 10, 2014 12:07 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Email? [Big Grin]

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2014 03:46 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope they are in good hands and maybe one day see a release or two

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 11, 2014 05:55 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, only the collectors who read this forum are aware of the possibility, it is not written on their site.

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 11, 2014 06:37 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, I see your point now, that is daft. [Confused]

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2014 08:47 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
That's my earlier point -- osmosis......

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2014 12:32 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All i hope is that the person who brought them plans to do something constructive with them ,i tried to buy these myself with maybe bringing a couple out a year as prob cost £1000 to do a run of 20 prints of one title, im not rich but was thinking of risking it on a good title and see what happened and sell at cost wouldnt have been done for profit either . ,but unfortunately someone beat me to it ,haveing said this not shure how copyright is with things like this and if the lab would do it fgor just anyone ,this was a good opportunity lets hope this rare chance hasnt been wasted

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2014 04:02 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I advertised these films on the forum on the 15th sept before I even contacted phil sheard and no one asked about them

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2018 08:42 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything further on this?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 11, 2018 10:57 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I own all these films mentioned plus another 100 or so making around 275 films plus. all boxed in new condition with sound and some very very rare titles I offered them to phil but need to make room ,if any one wants them I can bring them to blackpool I want £300 for the lot

Did you say you have 275 * U8 400' sound sold for £300? That is super cheap...almost £1/reel... or I have understood it wrongly?

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2018 10:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I bought all or at least a large number of these from David. Most of them are still in one of my film sheds - I too tried to interest Phil at Classic in them but gave up in the end.

Please note the following:

1. They are up to 400ft B/W 16MM composite dupe negs - they are the same length as the Castle / U8 200ft Super 8 versions.

2. They can be watched and heard on any 16mm optical sound projector - the sound plays loud and clear but of course the picture is a negative.

3. Not all of them are Castle / U8 - there are all sorts, Disney, WB, old comedies, travelogues, from various sources.

The most interesting ones to collectors were actually of Harrison Marks short Nudie films from the early 60's which sold well on Ebay.

I personally feel these negs should be bought as curios rather than to print from - it would cost far too much to do and is there a market for them anymore? Not to mention copyright requirements etc.

Kevin

[ April 07, 2018, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Clark ]

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2018 04:08 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've made a list of these and will put them up for sale on the forums this weekend - if anyone is interested please look in at the 16mm films for sale section - although these were made for printing 8mm or 16mm films, as they are on 16mm stock and projectable (albeit in negative format) it seems more logical to list them in the 16mm section.

Kevin

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC