8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GAF 3000 S Speed Adjustment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GAF 3000 S Speed Adjustment
John Fields
Junior

- posted January 28, 2015 09:44 AM      Profile for John Fields   Email John Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to the hobby and got a GAF 3000 S a few months ago for a good price. I noticed it was running a little fast, but it didn't bother me until I watched the 1st Star Wars digest last night and James Earl Jones sounded more like Bart Simpson. My version of the 3000 S doesn't have the fine tuning speed adjustment knob like some do, but I found three potentiometers behind the 24/18fps switch.
 -
I was expecting to find two (one for 24 and one for 18), but I'm not sure what the third one is for and don't want to go poking around and mess something up.

Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

John Fields
Junior

- posted January 29, 2015 10:24 PM      Profile for John Fields   Email John Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I decided to go poking around and the pot on the far right adjusts the 24fps speed (so Darth Vader is sounding like James Earl Jones again)! The middle is for 18fps and the left adjusts shutter speed (I think from my limited knowledge).

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2015 08:23 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
make sure you use a wooden toothpick or equivalent to avoid shorting out he system or yourself,

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

John Fields
Junior

- posted January 30, 2015 09:10 AM      Profile for John Fields   Email John Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Jim. I used a plastic toothpick off a Swiss army knife.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC