8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How many claws / pins on Eumig 810?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many claws / pins on Eumig 810?
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2017 05:50 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My newly acquired Eumig Mark S 810 D Lux is running great thanks to the help and thoughts from the forum.However the picture has a slight bounce,the films screen rock-steady on my Elmo ST-600.
I read that the claws may be dirty which can effect the transport.Last night I gave it a clean but made no difference.
I did notice that it has only 1 claw,is that how many it should have or is it 2?
Cheers from New Zealand,
Clinton [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 01, 2017 06:09 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton...my Eumig 810D only has one claw also. Cleaning the claw can help. I did this to mine just this week when the picture began to jump. This seemed to help. However if that doesn't improve the stability... adjusting the shutter assembly will reposition the claw (either protrude more or retract more). This takes some trial and error. I haven't done this with the Eumig...but I have done it successfully with Sankyos.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2017 06:16 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,
thanks for answering that question [Smile]
I wonder if I have started being too observant,maybe most films do this and I haven't taken any notice.
It's the same when I get a new TV,I over-think it and study everything until it drives me crazy!
Clinton.

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 01, 2017 06:51 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard the dual format ones are single claw, but the singles are two claws.

My single format machine is single claw. Was it broken off somewhere along the line? Was it built that way? 40 years later we'll never be sure.

-still projects a nice, steady picture.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 01, 2017 08:34 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The picture should not bounce up and down Clinton. Something is out of alignment. I think adjusting the shutter assembly is worth a try. It's a pain...but it has worked for me in the past.

--------------------
Janice

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2017 07:24 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhere along the line a previous owner may have tried to change formats and pull the gate assembly out without turning that inching knob so that the red dot is on top. Result ..the gate hits the protruding claw as the one gate comes out and then again as the gate for the other format gets put in . Sometimes that can totally ruin the claw, break it off. Other times if the claw isn't fully extended out, the gate changing can knock that claw off enough to cause jittering.

I hope you are able to resolve the problem without too much trouble.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2017 10:10 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Janice,you were right about adjusting the shaft etc to move claw in or out .... what a mission!
First of all the 2 screws were so tight that that took a while on its own!
Once they were loosened then it was move it in slightly and see what the results are ... some moves made it rattle,some made the picture roll - no pin connection - some moves put it back where it was.
We are only talking about a gap of 2 - 3mm.
I think I have it so it is better? But need to walk away for a while before having another go [Smile]

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 02, 2017 10:48 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kudos Clinton!!! I only can hope I don't have do that on my Eumig. Sometimes getting the screws loosened is the hardest part next the "adjust...tighten...test...adjust...tighten...test...etc." It's not fun. You deserve a break my friend [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2017 07:03 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spoke too soon Janice,the next film got shredded!
Only the leader thank heavens ....
Try try try again [Smile]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 03, 2017 07:34 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just put 50ft clear leader through it until you can perfect it's movements Clinton. No point in destroying yet another good film like we see all too often judging by what often can be found out there these days! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2017 08:48 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK I have officially given up on making the projected image rock-solid!
I didn't realize it was such a difficult job!
To me the picture is more steady than before,the moving pictures look OK most of the time but sometimes the superimposed titles move slightly ... it must be the film itself?
I'm going to try a Standard 8mm film soon and see how that goes [Smile]
Sometimes you have to know when to say "enough already!"

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 05, 2017 01:01 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton, have you looked to see if the top loop is there? One failure point on these Eumig's is cracking of the plastic top sprocket holder. This causes the top sprocket set screw to no longer clamp the sprocket to the shaft, with resulting loss of the top loop and unsteady picture. The solution is to bond the plastic holder to the shaft.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC