8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » PERRY'S MOVIES JUNE FEATURE FILM LIST (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: PERRY'S MOVIES JUNE FEATURE FILM LIST
Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 10:25 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been asked by a customer to sell his films for him. He has asked me to list
them on the forum and requested that if any one is interested in any titles they
should make an offer, highest offer gets the film (obviously).
He will be open to offers for seven days from date of posting
Not my idea of selling films but as they say "The customer is always right" !

"SPEED" SCOPE STEREO 4X600ft
"THE 7th VOYAGE OF SINBAD" 4X400ft
"SNOW WHITE" (completer with theatrical
trailer) 3X600ft
"SUPERGIRL" SCOPE - STEREO 4X600ft
"ALIENS" STEREO 5X400ft
"GREASE" 4X600ft
"ROBOCOP" STEREO 4X600ft
"COMMANDO" STEREO 3X600ft
"THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME" (DISNEY) 4X600ft
"STARS WARS" SCOPE - STEREO 4X600ft
"BEAUTY AND THE BEAST" STEREO 3X600ft
" DIE HARD 2" SCOPE - STEREO 4X600ft
"THE TERMINATOR" 4X600ft
"MASTER AND COMMANDER" SCOPE - STEREO 7X400ft
"MARY POPPINS" 5X600ft
"Dr JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE" 4X600ft
" THE JUNGLE BOOK" STEREO 3X600ft
"THE TERMINATOR 2" SCOPE 5X600ft
" ROBOCOP 2" 4X600ft
" VON RYAN'S EXPRESS" 7X400ft
"THE DIRTY DOZEN" 6X400ft
"MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY" SCOPE 6X600ft
"NIGHT TO REMEMBER" 5X400ft
"CASABLANCA" 5X400ft
"DIE HARD" SCOPE 5X600ft
"SCARS OF DRACULA" 3X600ft
"FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE" SCOPE 6X600ft
"SOUND OF MUSIC" SCOPE 6X600ft
"SILENCE OF THE LAMBS" 4x600ft
"POLTERGEIST" SCOPE 4X600ft
"QUATERMASS 11 4X400ft
"THUNDERBALL" 7X400ft
"FORBIDDEN PLANET" 5X400ft
" CARRY ON SCREAMING" 5X400ft
"THE LADYKILLERS" 5X400ft
"NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD" 5X400ft
"X THE UNKNOWN" 4X400ft
"THE WIZARD OF OZ" 4X600ft

Please make your best offer as these films are no longer available.

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 02, 2011 12:50 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian,

It's now mandatory to list prices so perhaps your customer could let you have the prices he wants for these.

Nice titles on there.
[Smile]

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 12:57 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you, Michael.

Is this the new ebay? [Wink]

I start my bid at 1 euros. [Razz]

What are the conditions of the films? Colors, original box, line, scratch,...

Otherwhile, very nice titels.

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 01:51 PM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said before not choice way of selling films, [Roll Eyes]
maybe if they do not sell they will end up on e-bay?
condition wise they are very good.
The reason he has chosen me is that I can take pay-pal /credit cards payments.
If you are not happy don't make an offer !

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 02, 2011 02:00 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you are not happy don't make an offer !
That's not the point.
Should we have one rule for one person and different rules for others?

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 02:13 PM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I'm not the first person to offer this facility on this forum,
so I don't know what you mean (one rule for one)if you are not happy don't bid.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 02, 2011 02:16 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian,

I'm not for a second trying to be clever. There is a new rule which is posted in a sticky on the 8mm for sale forum. I'm simply saying that maybe you were not aware of this.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I'm happy or whether or not it is your ideal way of doing things.

-Mike

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 02:31 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ian,
E-mail sent,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 03:41 PM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, Ian, I send you a email.
thanks

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 02, 2011 04:25 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Author Topic: ******Attention Sellers: Please List Prices With Your Items******
Douglas Meltzer

posted April 26, 2011 12:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our members have shown an overwhelming preference to have prices included in your listing.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 05:21 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the highest offer will get the film, can I offer $20.00 for each film including postage to the U.S. That way we can guarantee all the films will be sold via this post and none will end up on eaby.

[ June 02, 2011, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Wayne Tuell ]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 06:07 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont like auctions like this on the forum. If the seller requests it then he should stick them strait on Ebay. On this forum you should name a price and stick to it.

That aside the biggest problem I have with these is the condition. Just saying the condition is good on all films is not good enough for me. If I were to bid say £200 for Aliens for example I want to know what stock the film is on, any lines, early print with perfect colour or later print with heavy blue tint, sound quality, original box and condition, other defects like strained sprockets, stripe quality etc.

But looking at the titles, Wow what a list!!

Graham S

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 02, 2011 06:44 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am of course happy to comply with Doug's judgement on this matter, but I'm inclined to say that I wouldn't be troubled if the decision was to bend the rules on this occasion, considering that Ian isn't the actual seller and has acted upon the sellers request without having previously known the rule in question. However, considering how impressive and sought-after many of the titles are, it would be good to know if the films are (e.g.) mint or near mint. I'd be surprised if they had significant wear, though, as few people spending the sort of sums needed to add such titles to their collection are willing to tolerate scratches, etc.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2011 08:10 PM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll offer $100.00(US) for SNOW WHITE and $100.00(US) for SILENCE OF THE LAMBS -- Ray

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 02, 2011 10:24 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One important point to remember.....there is no rule about listing prices. Attention Sellers: Please List Prices With Your Items is a suggestion. As I said before, I will not delete a post because of prices. There are a number of members who are happy to make an offer.

Ian O' Reilly is a longtime Forum member and a nice guy who is helping out a customer. I believe the owner of these films is making a mistake and would do much better if prices were included. I'm interested in a few of the titles, however I will not "bid". Let me know the price and I might meet it.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2011 04:56 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
" considering how impressive and sought-after many of the titles are, it would be good to know if the films are (e.g.) mint or near mint"

I agree with Adrian.

I've once discover a huge collection of films with a lot of derann feature. But all copy ( YES, ALL copys ) had green scratchs here and there and even central green scratchs during 400 or 600ft!

So, I can bid for a couple of features but I prefer to know how are the conditions.

I also know that Ian is a great sellers and I can trust him.

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2011 05:57 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beginning to wish I had not got involved in this !
Let me just say any offers I receive for films I will check condition and e-mail the bidder to report condition.
As most you know I have been around a long time and like to think my reputation is good.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2011 07:52 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't see a problem with what Ian is doing,Put an offer in and go from there,You've got the chance to purchase a title you may want so make the most of it.I've put films up for sale "open to offers" before and sold a few,You roughly know what they are worth but sometimes you just want them gone and most of the time the buyer gets a bargain,I personally get fed up with the comments about prices,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 03, 2011 10:43 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is just advice mind you ...

But I think we should lay off the Ian a little. This is not saying that I think no one should put prices up, for that is appreciated ...

... ut it is Ian usual policy to list prices and so to doggedly pursue him on this one venture could potentially turn him off from listing a special list like this and then some folks would truly (potentially) miss out on a film they may have long sought after.

Would we like Ian being motivated to discontinue listing on here?

It's just advice and nothing more.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2011 12:27 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm beginning to wish I had not got involved in this !
Let me just say any offers I receive for films I will check condition and e-mail the bidder to report condition.
As most you know I have been around a long time and like to think my reputation is good"

Osi,
I think Ian's response says it all,So if anyones after a title then simply put in an offer!! Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 03, 2011 01:05 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One important point to remember.....there is no rule about listing prices. Attention Sellers: Please List Prices With Your Items is a suggestion.
Well then, with respect Doug, you may as well just remove the "suggestion". Either prices are to be posted or they are not. It makes no sense whatsoever to say "well, we want you to post prices, but if you don't want to, then that's ok". That's just ridiculous.

In fact, if the rule was quite plainly enforced as a rule this whole thread would've been unnecessary.

Regarding Ian,
I don't see anybody above suggesting that he is not trustworthy.

quote:
I can't see a problem with what Ian is doing,
Mark,

Nor can I now. I assumed we had a new rule here. I was obviously mistaken.
Bloody ridiculous.
[Roll Eyes]

[ June 03, 2011, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Michael O'Regan ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 03, 2011 01:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least the post would have been necessary, otherwise we couldn't have had this merry romp of posts! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 03, 2011 06:55 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting to see Mark's observation that in an 'offers' situation "most of the time the buyer gets a bargain", which is encouraging from a buying point of view. It doesn't surprise me because with a list like this, I'd like several titles but I wouldn't put in large offers because I couldn't afford to buy all at around their market value at the same time. And if I wanted a title like 'Star Wars' which no doubt might go very high on eBay, I'd probably be reluctant to offer a high amount here, as I'd hate the thought that my offer might be £50 or more than any other offer.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 03, 2011 08:47 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
highest offer gets the film (obviously).
How can I know I will be the highest bidder if this is not an auction site.

I think there is no need to remove the listing price rule just because a reputable seller is doing the opposite.

quote:
could potentially turn him off from listing a special list like this and then some folks would truly (potentially) miss out on a film they may have long sought after.

Osi, that is not the point. If Ian will not post here, he will post somewhere else, and we are not only reading this forum. It is because we have the new rule that is why some members are complaining.

--------------------
Winbert

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2011 09:16 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I hope no one makes an offer. [Big Grin]
If he stands by his words
quote:
highest offer gets the film (obviously)
Then I'll get each film for $20.00 each, which is my standing offer several posts back.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC